Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diesel Pros
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #21
lnimmo77

Name: lnimmo77
Title: Search never works
Member`s Gallery
Not sure about anyone else, but Bill was pretty clear with me to measure protrussion out of the block. I did, and zero problems here....
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
So I'd give you a point over Pocket here.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #22
Jpscustoms

Name: Jpscustoms
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN84 View Post
One would assume not going by those pictures hence his statement about not being labeled a drop in . I made the same mistake with my first cam purchase from Bill it came with the gear on and ready to drop in dot to dot as I was told . The motor rolled over fine while lashing valves but as soon as it started it was ticking . I rechecked lash and it was all good but still ticked . I was told to drive it so I did then rechecked and they were all fine so I ran it because it was my dd. When I could I then put a stock stick back in and still ticked so I knew something was damaged but couldnt take it apart cause it was my only plow truck . Bill sent me a different one so I ran that until the motor just had enough and a valve broke off . I must say that his cams kicked ass I was nervous about really hammering it because of the tick but spool up was unreal . Bill made everything right when we spoke he stepped up big time on a rebuild kit and this time I have one of Bills big cams to put in that motor when it gets done.

12V carnage 4-2-2010 001 pictures from trucks photos on webshots
Me and you had the exact same problem and results...bill said he would help me out too but I never did follow up to see how much...good power and spool with the killer B but had the tick and tried everything to get it to go away. I even sent hi the came back and he changed the grind some for more clearance and still dropped a valve

Old 08-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
bsmith

Name: bsmith
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnimmo77 View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but Bill was pretty clear with me to measure protrussion out of the block. I did, and zero problems here....
That's what I was getting at. He stressed to me how important it was to check clearance.

RIP DEX

2001 2500 2wd
Diesel pro's cam
Walbro 392
Goff diesel injection
160hp pump
6x.013's by Weston
HTT 62/71/13 over FI 82/92/1.10
Levi's turbo blankets!

Closed Thread