Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diesel Pros
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
ERemington

Name: ERemington
Title: Turbo Killer
Member`s Gallery
Diesel Pro's cam strikes again!

So for the past year Ive got my motor rebuilt by Diesel Pros and around March I had it running. A few leaks here and there from me putting fuel lines on and such but other than that everything was great. The first thing i noticed when i started the truck was how loud the turbo was. At the time i was running a stock turbo. Well, i hooked a boost gauge up and the needle started moving at 1300 RPM! Well took the truck for a spin, and even with a stock turbo it pulled hard! Decided to do a burnout and it ended up being the killer. 600cc's of fuel with a stock turbo....needless to say it didnt survive at 65lbs of boost.

So after 2 more stock turbos I decided to build a twins set. Got a top turbo which was a holset and the id tags and numbers had been removed. Measured the inducer and it was 66mm. 16cm exhaust housing and the exhaust fins had been clipped. For balancing I could guess. So I got a big brother from diesel pros and was starting to build a twins set. Well we decided to put the top turbo on just to see how well it spooled. Got it started today. At 3000 RPM it was at a steady 8lbs of boost. At 4100, it was a steady 15lbs of boost.........in park. Noticed I had a fuel leak coming from an injector hold down nut so I decided to call it quits for right now. Ill make sure I get video tomorrow.

All I can say is this motor freaking rocks. Turbo spools instantly, rev's like there is no tomorrow, and throttle response is one of a kind. I am extremely happy with these results
112.21 MPH

Diesel Pro's Stanwood, WA
Vulcan Performance
DD USA
PDRA Member

Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 AM   #2
LatinaF350

Name: LatinaF350
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERemington View Post
So for the past year Ive got my motor rebuilt by Diesel Pros and around March I had it running. A few leaks here and there from me putting fuel lines on and such but other than that everything was great. The first thing i noticed when i started the truck was how loud the turbo was. At the time i was running a stock turbo. Well, i hooked a boost gauge up and the needle started moving at 1300 RPM! Well took the truck for a spin, and even with a stock turbo it pulled hard! Decided to do a burnout and it ended up being the killer. 600cc's of fuel with a stock turbo....needless to say it didnt survive at 65lbs of boost.

So after 2 more stock turbos I decided to build a twins set. Got a top turbo which was a holset and the id tags and numbers had been removed. Measured the inducer and it was 66mm. 16cm exhaust housing and the exhaust fins had been clipped. For balancing I could guess. So I got a big brother from diesel pros and was starting to build a twins set. Well we decided to put the top turbo on just to see how well it spooled. Got it started today. At 3000 RPM it was at a steady 8lbs of boost. At 4100, it was a steady 15lbs of boost.........in park. Noticed I had a fuel leak coming from an injector hold down nut so I decided to call it quits for right now. Ill make sure I get video tomorrow.

All I can say is this motor freaking rocks. Turbo spools instantly, rev's like there is no tomorrow, and throttle response is one of a kind. I am extremely happy with these results
Maybe you should look at this thread Free Rev Boost #'s????

Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Dodgentwo

Name: Dodgentwo
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Im confused as to whats so funny?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
MMAguy

Name: MMAguy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
What cam is in there and what size are your injectors?

Closed Thread