Does anyone have pics of 24v apps on ppump?

I redesigned the bracket so the stock APPS is more forward to clear the fuel inlet allowing near any feed line and the no need to trim the APPS anymore.
Simpler AND better. ;)

Pics of new design carl? I had to trim the living hell out of my apps bracket bend and pry grind AN fittings etc to get -8an feed into my pump since i didnt want to use the supplied banjo fitting. Also the bent allthread that is used as throttle linkage bar was just a little short for my liking not much on each end actually threaded into the ball ends. Its definately a nice kit just wondering what the new is like..

Pics of new design carl? I had to trim the living hell out of my apps bracket bend and pry grind AN fittings etc to get -8an feed into my pump since i didnt want to use the supplied banjo fitting. Also the bent allthread that is used as throttle linkage bar was just a little short for my liking not much on each end actually threaded into the ball ends. Its definately a nice kit just wondering what the new is like..
If you use a 90 after the -8an coming out the pump you won't have to do all that. Or at least I didn't, once I put a 90 on.

If you use a 90 after the -8an coming out the pump you won't have to do all that. Or at least I didn't, once I put a 90 on.

Yep I used a 90 but it was hitting on part of the apps bracket then once i got it all trimmed up the best i could it was then hitting on the plastic clip of the cruise cable so i had to grind on the 90 fitting a little.

Yep I used a 90 but it was hitting on part of the apps bracket then once i got it all trimmed up the best i could it was then hitting on the plastic clip of the cruise cable so i had to grind on the 90 fitting a little.
Even after you 90'd up? Damn that sucks.

does your cruise work bsmith? i've thought of trying to get it to work, but it wasn't working before the swap so I never tried hooking it up. but I'd like to mess with it after I get this new set-up on.
CompD Mobile Device

does your cruise work bsmith? i've thought of trying to get it to work, but it wasn't working before the swap so I never tried hooking it up. but I'd like to mess with it after I get this new set-up on.
CompD Mobile Device
Yeah it works. I hardly use it though, after 4+yrs of driving with the smarty I've learned to drive without it. So I can't report how well it works.

LOL nice.

Another question then...does the Smarty prevent the cruise from working? I had surge issues before I got the Smarty, after forgetting the truck had it I tried a few times (long after I got the Smarty) and it never worked. Then I did the swap, then blew up the motor, then got it back, then cracked a fuel line (still waiting for a new one)...so I'll be trying to get it working after I get the kit from Carl.

LOL nice.

Another question then...does the Smarty prevent the cruise from working? I had surge issues before I got the Smarty, after forgetting the truck had it I tried a few times (long after I got the Smarty) and it never worked. Then I did the swap, then blew up the motor, then got it back, then cracked a fuel line (still waiting for a new one)...so I'll be trying to get it working after I get the kit from Carl.
It just made mine surge enough to bother me. Now that I think about it, its surged most of its modded life even without the smarty. Ill have to try it today to see if it still does. Ill post back later after I drive.

Not to derail too far, but mine surged with the smarty and cruise control until I set the TQ back to default...

I got mine on recently, I assume it's the newer design. I'll get some pics up soon.

I got mine on recently, I assume it's the newer design. I'll get some pics up soon.

Ya post some pics up if you dont mind i had issues with the throttle rod coming apart this past weekend on the dyno. Kinda wondering how much better the new design is.

ok i lied...i procrastinate way too much. Sorry guys. here are a few i just took...it's 19* outside and I don't want to go back out ad get better ones. LOL

DSCN0988.jpg

DSCN0987.jpg

Here you can sort of see the washers i had to use as spacers because the hardware store bolts I used for the APPS were hitting a bump on the side of the pump.
DSCN0986.jpg

Here I had to weld the new throttle extension bracket onto the original 24 Throttle arm as I could not drill through it for the life of me. I went through four bits before breaking out the welder. LOL
DSCN0985.jpg

90* fuel inlet barely clears the cruise control cable, not that it works anyways.
DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

kinda weird angle in this shot but it shows the latest & last revision. We made as much room as is possible for the fuel inlet as well as the wiring/plug and the cables. Smoothed all the visible areas, so when mounted, all that is seen is a flat plate. no gaps.
You need a carbide tipped bit to penetrate the case hardened lever, as per the instructions. Some have ground through the surface and drilled the middle, some folks (like SHughes) just weld them on.

24APPSinlet.jpg

Last edited:
ok i lied...i procrastinate way too much. Sorry guys. here are a few i just took...it's 19* outside and I don't want to go back out ad get better ones. LOL

DSCN0988.jpg

DSCN0987.jpg

Here you can sort of see the washers i had to use as spacers because the hardware store bolts I used for the APPS were hitting a bump on the side of the pump.
DSCN0986.jpg

Here I had to weld the new throttle extension bracket onto the original 24 Throttle arm as I could not drill through it for the life of me. I went through four bits before breaking out the welder. LOL
DSCN0985.jpg

90* fuel inlet barely clears the cruise control cable, not that it works anyways.
DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

I had to take mine to the machine shop cause I couldn't drill through it. It took them a bit to drll through it.

I did mine a little lower than that(the mounting of the apps).

How does the apps bracket mount to the pump? And do you need the sensor for cruise control or is it used for the auto trans?

How does the apps bracket mount to the pump? And do you need the sensor for cruise control or is it used for the auto trans?
I used 2 bolts that hold the ecm to the block. You will see once you get in there and start removing .stuff.

The sensor on the apps? Yes, I did.

The dodge p7100's have threaded holes for mounting the stock throttle bracket assembly. It uses the same holes.
The APPS is needed for both cruise and the auto.

Back