98 P Pump 24v Engine Build

ajateman.jpg

Im planning on running a flexalite electric fan setup. The waterpump on the engine is only temporary to, i plan on going to an electric waterpump as well.

Any updates? Killer build man! Can you share some of the specs with the newbies like me? I want to build a ppump 24v just doing research. Kill build

Yeah man what would you like to know? Ive been gathering parts and money to finish the engine, should have some more stuff coming soon in the next month or so. Push rods, billet retainers, etc.

Nice looking engine, you do nice work buddy. Keep the pics comin.

Few questions the rods bolts, they are the 7/16 625+ grade? Which piston did you go with? I was thinking about running the QSB 480, in my next engine build.

Thanks man! The pistons i used were the regular mahle so vp style piston. I looked into those and the 03-05 pistons and fron what i found for my build, the standard so vp pistons seemed to be the best bet. And the rod bolts were the carillo supplied 7/16s

Very nice build. Almost identical to mine except I'm going to be running a 215 pump from Seth and a non batmo s475. How bad is it pulling the fenders. All this time on here and haven't seen any pics of people pulling them lol

Last edited:
seems to turn out a very capable engine. I combined the inline bosch pump off a SEATEK 10.3 L Diesel Offshore 1400 HP Race engine with a 24V - required a custom made adapter but runs very good and these gigantic bosch pumps are not impossible to find over here in Europe

Oldblue, the fenders are real easy to pull. I pulled mine off because they were startin to get rusty. Im going to get some new ones pretty soon, i am going to e repaibting the truck once i finish the engine!

Oldblue, the fenders are real easy to pull. I pulled mine off because they were startin to get rusty. Im going to get some new ones pretty soon, i am going to e repaibting the truck once i finish the engine!

Ok, I might do mine today. I got a pair of brand new fenders, and fiberglass set hood for a cheap. Just no time to take them to the body shop. Who's front cover are you running?

Waiting on putting the injectors in until i have a few more things. Waiting on my tax return so i can make a couple big orders!

Was your pump pin timed or did you set the timing? If so what method did you use?

i set the timing, and i used a bluepoint timing kit. put the engine on top dead center and spun the pump with no gear to the correct plunger height. once i was at the desired height, i put my gear on and torqued it. then spun the engine over to verify plunger height

Back