Race Trailer Renovation

On your larger water tank, they make bladders. You see them used on boats where they can be installed in a storage or bilge area with a small opening, so no modification to the boat or access hatch has to be made. Just hook your lines up and cram it in there.

You see allot of sailboats use them to add capacity, on the long haul boats. They work well

The fresh water tank is under one of the couches. Since there are two of them the other is empty so I though about putting another tank under the empty couch and run an equalizing hose between them alone or through the wall. I could have twice as much fresh water that way and it would be an easy install.

That thing is a monster.

It is, but my wife, kids, and everyone in our group really enjoys having it. Its a total game changer for the pits when you are used to goosenecks and car haulers. AC, bathroom, shower, canopy, bbq pit, the kids can watch movies and take a nap when they get tired/angry/need a time out. :hehe:

Where did you end up picking up the trailer from? Did you get lucky finding it pretty local to you?

I am trying to reserach the axle parts today. I am looking for bearings, shoes, drums, and magnets. They are Dexter 7k lb axles, just didnt know if yall had a website or vendor that was really good with this stuff.

Also looking for the absolute best grease for these, I just dont want hub issues on the road.

I am trying to reserach the axle parts today. I am looking for bearings, shoes, drums, and magnets. They are Dexter 7k lb axles, just didnt know if yall had a website or vendor that was really good with this stuff.

Also looking for the absolute best grease for these, I just dont want hub issues on the road.

Redneck Trailer Supplies up here in Kansas. They’re my go-to for anything dexter axle or trailer needs. Not sure I’d they’re down that way or not.

I use SouthwestWheel.com a fair amount.

Local to me in Dallas, but have done online and phone orders as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Lucas 'red and tacky' grease is what you want. I buy mine by the tub on amazon, but you can get it at walmart.

I use it in my race car to my daily driver. I also repack my hubs every year, but I tend to tow my trailer around 3k miles a year locally.

Man, my first post but I love the trailer. I have been looking for one to haul my race car to the track!

I have a smaller Forest River work and play that I use now. Wife and I just want more storage space for when we actually go camping elsewhere besides the track.

Good luck with the trailer! I will be following the thread!

-jason

Attachments

• 20190608_090133.jpg
    20190608_090133.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 0
so did the corona end your trailer restoration?

just curious what you ended up with. I have been shopping for an upgrade for months, but due to my job having a travel ban I have missed out on some decent deals.

Love this, I have an 02 that I pull everything around. With and it’s also about to get a complete restoration inside.

Deal roof
New cabinets and adding a gen set cabinet ect

Do you know how hard/ involved adding windows is? Sleeping in mine completely closed up isn’t always the greatest.

I would enjoy making mine more livable sand functional at the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so did the corona end your trailer restoration?

just curious what you ended up with. I have been shopping for an upgrade for months, but due to my job having a travel ban I have missed out on some decent deals.

Ha, kinda. I was layed off from my job in the oil field so I have had to cut back on the amount of projects, and we are right in the middle of buying a house to live in while we build our new house... perfect timing to be unemployed. Smh

I will get it done though, we plan on going back to Florida this year for the Sunshine Showdown so I would like to make some improvements before then.

Love this, I have an 02 that I pull everything around. With and it’s also about to get a complete restoration inside.

Deal roof
New cabinets and adding a gen set cabinet ect

Do you know how hard/ involved adding windows is? Sleeping in mine completely closed up isn’t always the greatest.

I would enjoy making mine more livable sand functional at the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take yours down to Zach Shoaf @ Shoaf Trailer in London for the windows. He quoted very reasonable prices for putting in RV doors in my step van. Even had a used one.

Ha, kinda. I was layed off from my job in the oil field so I have had to cut back on the amount of projects, and we are right in the middle of buying a house to live in while we build our new house... perfect timing to be unemployed. Smh

I will get it done though, we plan on going back to Florida this year for the Sunshine Showdown so I would like to make some improvements before then.

well that sucks, and of course that is the way things would go for me. Hence why I stopped shopping for a house.

but it hasn't stopped me for shopping for a trailer! I can always live in the trailer if life throws me a curve ball

Okay guys, I have some updates on this... however my phone camera stopped working so I haven’t got as many pictures as I would like.

Last week I brought the trailer home and started pulling out everything in the living quarters. The water damage was bad, it turns out I still had a leak above the refrigerator and all the wood in that area was in bad shape. I pulled all of the flooring up, all the way down to the sheet metal on the very bottom and replaced it with some pressure treated 3/4” plywood.

040ab117ce9bd886994e8fbb0d499c71.jpg

c897b2306068d9b0c568d0baf65742ff.jpg

a6b20942d709d72aad915d6cdaa09486.jpg

Back