The most trouble free Dmax????

1800joedaddy

Burn... out!
I can't beleive I'm actualy considering an Isuzu Diesel, but after driving my other diesels and my new (to me) 2500HD crew 6.0 gas I have to say the best truck is the Chebby and the best engine is not. Which Dmax would ya'll suggest for small tuner type mods and reliability. I dont pull more that 30k gross so it doesn't have to be a monster.

first and for most there are not "Isuzu Diesel's" isuzu only "helped" in the design process, that being said the LBZ is considered to be the best of all them in my oppinion, no emmisions, and has the best turbo,

first and for most there are not "Isuzu Diesel's" isuzu only "helped" in the design process, that being said the LBZ is considered to be the best of all them in my oppinion, no emmisions, and has the best turbo,

I agree, LBZ, plus you get the 6 speed, although all of them 01-present or good trucks. the 01-04 (LB7) had some injector isssues but have a 7year 200k waranty and were other wise great engines and get the best fuel mileage. 04 1/2 - to early 06 (LLY's) had some random over heating issues but they are few and far inbetween. LBZ was the last year before the DPF emission B.S. and the first year of the stouter allison with the 6sp. LMM is pretty much the same as the LBZ but with the emmision crap. you can't go wrong with any of them as long as they were maintaned.

^^^Unless you have to change injectors which is a good possibility^^^ The injectors are a real SOB on the LB7's to change. But on a positive note there are alot more LB7's out there, used, cheap so pick your evil..

LB7's are great stockers/tow trucks more reliable and have better parts -injectors, LBZ's are the best for horsepower -pistons, take your pick or go in the middle w/ an LLY, you really cant go wrong they all have their problems

Isuzu designed the engines... They're Isuzus... which is good

LB7's are great stockers/tow trucks more reliable and have better parts -injectors, LBZ's are the best for horsepower -pistons, take your pick or go in the middle w/ an LLY, you really cant go wrong they all have their problems

How do you figure LB7's have better parts and are more reliable?? LBZ's and LMM's actually have the worst piston's of the bunch, but better rods then the LB7/LLY's. That is why you see guys running cut and coated LB7/LLY pistons in there built motors and not LBZ/LMM's. There are also a handfull of guys running LBZ rods in the older gen's because they are a little stouter but not much..

To be strait up if you have the money for one get a LMM and just remove the dpf with a tune and a dpf delete pipe with flanges on it. you can find regular cab 4X4's for like 25k-30k on cars.com and other web sites like that. The reson i say dpf delete pipe with flanges and not just welded on is so you can throw the dpf back in for dealer visits and no its not hard to uninstall and install, just a couple of hoses and 12 bolts (correct me if im wrong on that). They all have there issues as do all the diesels ( all engines at that) on the market. Good luck finding a truck. :Cheer:

Back