Dually Wheels

mkoontz1

Enough to be dangerous!
From the Rules:

Wheelbase: The vehicle must retain the original unaltered factory wheelbase and track width. Front dual-wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels.

So my question is... It says that trucks must have FACTORY wheelbase and track width... does this mean that the only way you can run dual wheels is if the truck is titled as a dually?

Good question. For the 2.6 Open Diesel class dual wheels are legal even if the truck did not begin life as a dually.

If I'm not mistaken, the track width on a DRW axle is the dimension between the centerline of both sets of wheels/tires. In other words, where the wheel mounting surfaces meet. Of course, the track with on a SRW is the dimension between the centerline of each wheel/tire. Sounds to me like you could run duals so long as you have factory DRW hubs rather than just spacers/adapters.

How would the techs know what the truck was built with from the factory anyway? Are they running VINs or something?

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but the wording in the rulebook was likely aimed at narrowed rear end housings...like for those who move the leaf srpings inboard of the frame, and with a narrowed housing, put the inner dually tire real close to the frame, so they can run wider tires than everyone else and still meet the 102" rule.

Back