Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
ecc_33

Name: ecc_33
Title: Amanda, Ohio
Member`s Gallery
a buddy just showed me this today. I went to UNOH from 2004-2006 and wish i would have came across this. Who is the teacher ahead of this. Boroff, Trammel?
S475, ATS tranny parts, ATS Dual Fuelers,FASS 95gph tuff country lift, SD parts, Carrillo rods, H11 head studs, 60% over injectors, Custom BES heads and machine work, hamilton valve springs, ATI damper 11.63 at 116mph

Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #22
RyanB

Name: RyanB
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Anyone know of a link online to the article? My brother and I actually built the rolling chassis up here in Ontario to compete in our Pro-Mod diesel class back in 2009. I believe it was a student that got a hold of me first and then one of the instructors afterwards. My understanding was they wanted it for a 3.0 truck at the time but learned after they wanted it for a 2.5 or a 2.6 class We originally had it setup for a NV4500/271 but was told by the instructor that the they wanted to run an automatic Oh well, didn't get much for the truck (money we got for it bought the Can and reverser for our Super Mod) but we were glad it went to a school's diesel club...just thought it would have been more organized than what I am hearing now!

RyanB

Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
SuperSonic

Name: SuperSonic
Title: El Vato
Member`s Gallery
I talked with one of the diesel instructors about a year or so ago when we were working in Lima.
I was willing to help guide them with the build, source some parts to make it an ODL 3.0 truck, and help get the engine tuned in on the dyno.
The guy pretty much told me I didnt know WTF I was talking about and doubted that I had any "real" experience with pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn859 View Post
Sometimes I feel like giving up....then I remember I have a lot of motherfukkers to prove wrong.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #24
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
The guy pretty much told me I didnt know WTF I was talking about and doubted that I had any "real" experience with pulling.
wow... he must be a wise man.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 11-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
those who can, do. those who can't, teach.
CompD Mobile Device

Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #26
nborga87

Name: nborga87
Title: Poor Boy Puller
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I talked with one of the diesel instructors about a year or so ago when we were working in Lima.
I was willing to help guide them with the build, source some parts to make it an ODL 3.0 truck, and help get the engine tuned in on the dyno.
It would have been a good idea for them to take someone up on an offer like this!
Team All Hooked Up
Mid-Atlantic Pulling Association

Old 11-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #27
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc_33 View Post
a buddy just showed me this today. I went to UNOH from 2004-2006 and wish i would have came across this. Who is the teacher ahead of this. Boroff, Trammel?
well right now its neither, the teacher that is running it tries hard but like mentioned above they are not always open to suggestion that is needed.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #28
97rada

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
Anyone know of a link online to the article? My brother and I actually built the rolling chassis up here in Ontario to compete in our Pro-Mod diesel class back in 2009. I believe it was a student that got a hold of me first and then one of the instructors afterwards. My understanding was they wanted it for a 3.0 truck at the time but learned after they wanted it for a 2.5 or a 2.6 class We originally had it setup for a NV4500/271 but was told by the instructor that the they wanted to run an automatic Oh well, didn't get much for the truck (money we got for it bought the Can and reverser for our Super Mod) but we were glad it went to a school's diesel club...just thought it would have been more organized than what I am hearing now!

RyanB
i was pretty sure you built it, just have never said anything. but yea thats what i wanted to run in it as a 2.6 or something just for cost but its still unlimited single now.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #29
revolutiondsl

Name: revolutiondsl
Title: Cat buys my Cummins parts
Member`s Gallery
I went there 03-05 and it wasnt around then but I did see the truck at the lima Jamboree and it had a 53 block in it. I said why would you build off of a known weak block. They said thats what they had. Whatever. I tried to talk to some of them and they treated me like I didnt know what I was talking about.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #30
RickFox

Name: RickFox
Member`s Gallery
Ya they are not the brightest group from what I have been told. My wife called them dumbasses twice to their face. Once at FSR for sitting in their booth revving it up and blowing smoke everywhere for no good reason. Then down at FFA National Convention for still having a stock turbo on their "pulling" truck. I wish I could of been at either of these things just to see their faces, she said it was pretty priceless. I am sure you could ask about anyone of them about the girl in the pink Haisley hoody and they would remember since they remembered her when she saw them the second time.

I just don't understand how a group like this doesn't listen to the people who are trying to make it better. Seems like if I was UNOH I wouldn't help you out because you aren't organized or have a realistic goal in mind. The circle track guys didn't just jump into building Indy cars, I am willing to bet they started with the something much smaller. The fact that they are wasting all this time doing dynoing on a motor with the stock charger still on it makes me wonder and chuckle a little at the same time. There was one guy that came on CF and was complaining because the roller rockers they got didn't make any difference on the dyno from the stock ones. Why in the hell would they on a motor that you are completely choking out with a stock turbo?

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM
Bringing the BEST together.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #31
RickFox

Name: RickFox
Member`s Gallery
Here is a link to CF where they talk about the truck, give some specs, and are asking for advise.

UNOH Pulling Truck - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM
Bringing the BEST together.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #32
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
I so agree i have went to the deans an everyone i can to get the diesel club as a school race team.
They put so much money in to circle track its not even funny.
I even have went to the school to see about a diesel performance class and they said there was no market, but there is an updated fuels class that will teach efi live and the basics of computers and ECT. That class is still 6 months out and we are looking for someone to help the teachers learn the programming.
just curios are your friends in the club or attended once and gave up?

jacob rogers

the school will always be about the dirt circle track cars. they wont put money into something that they think will out shine lima-land. in my experience with the students in the diesel program most are farm raised kids that think they know everything from reading diesl power. i took the auto/hi-performance program and stayed away from that part of the campus. its sad really that they wont listen to the people that know what they are talking about.

Last edited by jlbayes; 11-14-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #33
cummins9301

Name: cummins9301
Title: Cummins Junkie
Member`s Gallery
When I first signed up to go to UNOH I was told that there was a diesel club and that they had a pulling truck. Needless to say I was psyched!! I've been into sled pulling all my life, wanted to build my own but have never had the funds to do it, and thought this would be a great opportunity to get into the sport. Well I started attending the school and later on I finally decided to attend a meeting. This was back in August or September and needless to say I was rather disappointed. It's just a cluster f#$@. If they could get things organized I would definitely be interested in helping out and sharing any knowledge I may have with them. Not saying I know alot but I know better than to try to swap a NP205 in instead of say a 271. That's a no brainer IMO. That's just my little rant.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #34
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery
thats great the school is willing to put money into it! when i was attending they supported the dirt cars more than anything and would barely give anything to the other clubs. the other clubs would have to beg for it and that was the reason i never got involved with any of the clubs.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #35
commin-rail03

Name: commin-rail03
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Well what ever they did for Steave Tramel (Teacher) to quit messing with the diesel club and decide to work on the truck driveing school class they have really messed up Steave had alot of conections and brain full of good ideas for that truck... i remember when they said that the club could build the truck he was ready to go with the whole idea.. but i think the school put a hold on it big time to put money in somthing else evan know that he could get alot of parts donated to the schools club.. last i seen it, it was at Jamboree and sure sounded like a stocker to me.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #36
97rada

Member`s Gallery
there are a few teachers that really know pulling and "were " willing to help but are just as frustrated and not to excited about trying to help with noone listening. I am hoping to try getting that turned around!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #37
blackcoal

Name: blackcoal
Member`s Gallery
the school is now has a hot rod club, they are funding that club too. they are gonna build a rat rod out of a ford model t. wtf, some old piece over us?

i guess we do have a hamilton 232-252 cam coming though

Old 11-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #38
overfueledpsd

Name: overfueledpsd
Title: its stock I promise
Member`s Gallery
I think the club is very misguided. The kids in the club just like to run around campus in there 12v's or whatever they drive and blow smoke. Thats what the kids at that school is all about. I havent been in the club nor will ever be a part of it. They didnt do themselves any favors by looking like idiots at the farm science review reving the truck up and blowing smoke. They should talk to some reputible shops that know something about what they wanna do ie: haisley machine, schied, ......, The list goes on. The suspension setup seems to be a joke. They need to get out to some pulls and look at some trucks that actually perform and start redoing the whole setup. Wish them luck they will need it.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #39
BlueOvalDiesel

Name: BlueOvalDiesel
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
UNOH reminds me of all the dual whip dip ****s that hang out in the walmart parking lot. No offense to the people that go there and actually do know something. When i was in ffa at my school we ran into the same problems but didn't even get that far. We wanted an antique puller or a demo car for the local fair. We had money but couldn't get everyone to agree on what to do (stupid parlimentary procedure) and our teacher was a tard and wouldn't take charge. If you don't have an advisor that is knowledgable and oversees every part of the project you will never get anywhere. They don't have to be close minded but take everyones opinions and think them through and if they are worth anything impliment it throw the rest out. They shoulda started with a 2.6 and went up from there. With dynoing capabilities at your fingertips it seems it would be easy to make a truck run good for what you have in it. All these resources and nothing from it

Old 11-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #40
97rada

Member`s Gallery
i hava offereed to bring my timing set up in to play with timing and see what makes best power but the president wont let me play with the timing. says 26 is what we will ahve the pump repinned at.

Closed Thread