Building, and I mean building a 6.0?

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
What parts are available for internals? Rods, Pistons, I have some extra parts, (cam, heads, block to be used as an anchor:hehe: ) and I am thinking about starting a little project. I know Richard had said billet rods were around 3500.00 but what are some parts that are available. Might even bore out the 6.0 if thats possible. Its just an idea, but it sure would be cool as hell to do. WHats your thoughts, and any links to sites would be appreciated. BTW, I am talking about a no expense spared build here. Might take a while, but I think it would be a bunch of fun.

For what it would cost to do what you have planned, you may be better off with a *gulp* Cummins conversion.

Yeah, but how cool would it be to have a 6.0 or 6.something that hangs with one. And besides, I know I can make a 1000 HP cummins, but its more of a challenge to make a 1000 hp international.

Cunningham and R&R make rods, Mahle has pistons. Several places have injectors, we can get enough air to lift the heads.....sounds like fun to me...

Dalpilot said:
Yeah, but how cool would it be to have a 6.0 or 6.something that hangs with one. And besides, I know I can make a 1000 HP cummins, but its more of a challenge to make a 1000 hp international.

Is it a challenge or foolishness? LOL LOL

Yeah, The shop that built my boat motors wants to get his hands on the heads to see what can be done.

Snedge said:
Hummmm...... 1000 h.p. international ? Quite a challenge.

Or just find out what kind of power it can make. I really could care less if its on fuel only too. If it can make 2000 with a chit load of nitrous, I'm cool with that. LOL

Last edited:
It seems as thou as soon as you push them too much, they POP. ROBTS's truck lasted what...less then a week. (Sorry, just needed an example Rob)

If your going to push it, look at what HAS failed on everyone else's engine, and avoid it by building it with stronger pieces.:woohoo:

With that out of the way...I have seen camshafts, rods, pistons, rings, rockers, pushrods,:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: etc from both ELITE, and LIPD.

Now who actually HAS them installed on trucks, and actually work...I don't know....No body says a word about "High Horsepower" stuff...maybe it's a big secret, and no one wants anyone else to go faster than them. (The people who have the "High Power" stuff.)$.02

ive been wanting to get my hands on a 6.0 motor for the same exact reason. ill be watching this thread :)

The 6.0 just isn't quite old enough yet. I think there are two big limitations to take the motor to the next step. One is FUEL delivery and second is LPOP. You can fix the LPOP issue with a sump system but the cost is very high. Air flow was an issue but I know that air is no longer a problem with all the stuff that BBUNTING has with Turbonetics. I think the major limitation is the fuel delivery. Sombody needs to bolt a 6.4 fuel system on the 6.0 with Twin CP3s and some 40% over injectors.

Save your money and do it with more reliability and less cylinders.....

Or maybe you wanna keep your scrap guy happy......

But those numbers out of a 6.blow?? Ya better pass that blunt your done LOL LOL LOL

Last edited:
Hey Jeff, if you didn't read earlier, I was saying, its been done in a cummins, and a D-max. I think it might be fun to do it to a International. Also, I have no goal in mind on HP, just seeing how much it can make. If, and its a big if I do it, I would then need something to put it in. I wouldn't want it as a daily driver.

Back