Loaded 12 Valve head and DDP 1 ?s

kas83

First off, will the DDP 1's get listed on the site? I'm looking at a set for my 95 auto. And you loaded 12 valve head, will there be an option to go with only a 3 angle valve job vs the 5? And a slightly less aggressive port and polish(Stage 1)? I'd be interested in one for the 97 o-ringed, 60 lb springs, 3 angle valve job. Not sure how much a Stage 2 flows, maybe some specs. Thanks.

I put the DPP Stage 1's on as soon as I saw this post. Here is the link: DDP Stage 1 Injectors

We can do a 3 angle valve job, however it is the same price as the 5 angle.

We currently only offer porting in Stage 2 and 3. The Stage 2 flows 160 intake, 185 exhaust and .400 inches of lift, respectively.

I agree with Muddin_dude06...more is better. Go big or go home! :evil

Deffinately, I did my own porting and noticed a lot of dropped smoke and lower EGT's. Power was smoother and it spooled a bunch harder.

DieselDiva said:
I put the DPP Stage 1's on as soon as I saw this post. Here is the link: DDP Stage 1 Injectors

We can do a 3 angle valve job, however it is the same price as the 5 angle.

We currently only offer porting in Stage 2 and 3. The Stage 2 flows 160 intake, 185 exhaust and .400 inches of lift, respectively.

What is the difference in stage 2 and 3 also pricing?? thank you

kas83 said:
First off, will the DDP 1's get listed on the site? I'm looking at a set for my 95 auto. And you loaded 12 valve head, will there be an option to go with only a 3 angle valve job vs the 5? And a slightly less aggressive port and polish(Stage 1)? I'd be interested in one for the 97 o-ringed, 60 lb springs, 3 angle valve job. Not sure how much a Stage 2 flows, maybe some specs. Thanks.

stage 1's what are you doing hauling rv's??? get the 2's or bigger!

If your pump is stock a 160 and a 175 may have idling issues and what not with something larger than a stage 2

True. I ran a 160 pump on my truck all summer with a Stage 2 head and had no problems. I don't see why anyone would put a ported head on a truck with a stock pump anyway.

I wouldn't recommend a Stage 3 unless it's a competition truck.

zstroken said:
If your pump is stock a 160 and a 175 may have idling issues and what not with something larger than a stage 2

Last edited:
house said:
stage 1's what are you doing hauling rv's??? get the 2's or bigger!

Are you referring to the injectors? I'm looking for mpg out of the 95, that's why I chose to look at the DDP 1's.

As far as the ported head goes, it would go on my 97. After some other research, the stage 2 would fit my needs. It will have a 100 plate, 191 dv's, 4K GSK. Not 100% sure on the turbo yet, but my B-1 is going. And a buddy of mine wants to purchase my DDP 2's, so I may be upgrading to 3's in the near future.

Sounds like a Stage 2 would suit your truck well. I heard a rumor that DDP is raising their prices after the first of the year.

Just something to keep in mind....

kas83 said:
Are you referring to the injectors? I'm looking for mpg out of the 95, that's why I chose to look at the DDP 1's.

As far as the ported head goes, it would go on my 97. After some other research, the stage 2 would fit my needs. It will have a 100 plate, 191 dv's, 4K GSK. Not 100% sure on the turbo yet, but my B-1 is going. And a buddy of mine wants to purchase my DDP 2's, so I may be upgrading to 3's in the near future.

DieselDiva said:
Sounds like a Stage 2 would suit your truck well. I heard a rumor that DDP is raising their prices after the first of the year.

Just something to keep in mind....

Ordered my DDP 1's, 3K GSK and #6 plate. Thanks for the heads up on the injectors, might order some 3's here soon.

Muddin, as far as the B-1 goes, now that I'm getting used to everything, I'm wanting alot more power out of it. After picking up the 95, driveability doesn't quite matter as much on the 97. We'll see what comes about. I've slipped on that oh so dear slope we talk about.

Last edited:
Back