Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Multimedia > Video
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Video A Place For Question's and Comments on Videos.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
BlakeW

Name: BlakeW
Title: AKA a3ftgiant
Member`s Gallery
5.9 mud racer

YouTube - Extreme Mud Racing Diesel

RIP & KCCO Dex.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
sleepysifrit05

Name: sleepysifrit05
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Thats bad a$$

Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
MCummings

Name: MCummings
Title: It's my name ^
Member`s Gallery
Wow. Check out the other video with him racing in an event.. He does ok on the front straight, then freakin' blows 'em away on the back stretch, holy cow.

Merrick

Old 05-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
BlakeW

Name: BlakeW
Title: AKA a3ftgiant
Member`s Gallery
it was on speed a while ago, I just saw the new video and it looks like he has been busy.

Listen to the kid after he runs.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
YES!!

Old 05-16-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
turbomatt1

Name: turbomatt1
Title: Design Limit Investigator
Member`s Gallery
Another vid:
YouTube - Chester Hensley in Minden LA
Sounds freakin Awesome! Looks like it needs a little more air. This guy needs to be a member here!
"Single turbo all diesel trailer toter"
2008 NHRDA Div.4 Super Street Champion.
http://www.myspace.com/turbomatt1

Old 05-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
haloman

Name: haloman
Member`s Gallery
That thing is sweet. Look like it has more pep than when it was on SPEED channel

Old 05-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
Fireman450

Name: Fireman450
Title: Daring to be diffrent!!
Member`s Gallery
wow thats cool chit right there.... Little hot on the EGTs it looks like...

Lynn
Play Toy:1994 Dodge 12V, SMOKE SHOWIN! 2WD Pulling Team. vs. 3.0 in progress. Thanks to Northeast Diesel, MUMAU DIESEL , PullTech Chassis & Fab, Cooper High Performance, SKPP, Joe Gibbs Racing/Driven Racing Oils and all my friends and family!

Old 05-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
toobadq

Name: toobadq
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
That guy has a real neat White Ford with a 5.9l and a 5r110......The one I built! He is a super nice guy.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
tnunnelee

Name: tnunnelee
Title: Chester's Extreme Diesel
Member`s Gallery
I am glad to know that you all like my little experiment. I am loving your comments. YES several of you are correct...my biggest problem is my EGTs. I am running between 2000-2100 degrees as per my graphs and data readings. And just looking at my engine after a race, I have to think my specs are correct. If any of you have any suggestions I am all ears! I melted pretty good at my last race (did not put that footage on Youtube).
Toobadq = if you are who I think you are, I need to get back in touch with you.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
need more air!

what turbo/mods are you running?

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
toobadq

Name: toobadq
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnunnelee View Post
I am glad to know that you all like my little experiment. I am loving your comments. YES several of you are correct...my biggest problem is my EGTs. I am running between 2000-2100 degrees as per my graphs and data readings. And just looking at my engine after a race, I have to think my specs are correct. If any of you have any suggestions I am all ears! I melted pretty good at my last race (did not put that footage on Youtube).
I will call you soon, Got truck pulls this week-end. Scott and I have lots to do.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
not enoughsmoke

Name: not enoughsmoke
Title: floatin in tha gulf
Member`s Gallery
He pulls in mississippi with us in that white ford its a p-pumped 24valve and when he is not pullin he pulls the motor out and puts it in the chevrolet and he told us he puts a 2speed powerglide behind it and the first couple races he said he did they told him not to come back and in most of the videos he said he was pushin 40psi and dumpin the rest u should see him pull when he takes off he won't let off til he brakes or it won't go anyfarther he has his own diesel shop and his other buddy has a 03 common rail witha shied bult motor that no one could touch until now and they are both chesters

Old 05-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
SuperDave4x4

Name: SuperDave4x4
Title: popcorn playa
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
need more air!

what turbo/mods are you running?
I AGREE!!!

2000+ EGTs are freakin hot. Like WUnderwood asked, what are you engine/fuel mods and what turbo are you running??

(Sold)1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v CTD Ext. Cab- 01' motor w/ orings, .020 gasket, Garmon/SunCoast, Drag comp, 150hp EDMs, 57/72 twins, AD150, 20" Hoss, Proxes STII, Thuren/Carli, etc

Member #41

Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
smokin5.9

Name: smokin5.9
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Like the other guy said more air and possibly a water injection system. Or could you run twins? not sure what you have for a set up. Always thought that would be fun to do and show up some gas guy!! Not sure where your located at but we have a mud drags and mud bog races here in northern IL. The place is called the bike barn in Fenton IL. But anyways nice truck man and keep kickin the crap out of the gas guys!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #16
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Member`s Gallery
sweet ride i seen it on speed like 6 months ago or longer looks like things have came a long way.
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #17
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Twin it.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #18
MCummings

Member`s Gallery
Twins, and water injection, cam and head work...

Merrick

Old 05-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
tnunnelee

Name: tnunnelee
Title: Chester's Extreme Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Wow...so many responses. I sure appreciate all the interest in what I am doing here. Glad you folks are willing to help. A little info about the engine, I have P7100 with 13m injector pumps, I don't know ALOT about the turbo except its a single large turbo with a 60m waste gate. And answer to your question "smokin5.9", I do have a water injection system installed but the engine doesn't like it for some reason. Something else I forgot to mention is that I am running NOS in this truck (get it as cold as I can get the bottles before each race). I am afraid the dual turbo is probably out of the question because the AMRA is scratching their heads on weather I can race or not. Alot of other drivers are complaining because the AMRA are not allowing turbos on the gas/alcohol trucks.
Which is what "Not Enoughsmoke" was talking about with me swapping engines (I am very impressed you remember me telling you about that.) I did that engine swap because AMRA could not decide if they were going to let me race or not. Heck not going to build a 30k motor just to have them let me run it once and say "no more". So I pulled my pulling motor and ran it and THAT is the one you see on the Speed channel video. There were alot of gas/alcohol racers upset before I ran that race, but it was so amazing to see, that AMRA could not deny its popularity...(did you notice they interviewed me after the race and not the guy who won the race, ha ha). And the fact that I lost stopped alot of the complaining.
I do have my pull truck ready and plan on coming up to Sugar Shack and really wanting to try and make it to one of "toobadq"'s pulls. Its tough for me to make it with work though, "smokin5.9" I am located in the very bottom of Arkansas, my shop is a mile from Louisiana state line. So its quite a drive, but so worth it to run with you folks.

Thanks again for all of your support
Chester

Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #20
MCummings

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I am running NOS in this truck (get it as cold as I can get the bottles before each race). I am afraid the dual turbo is probably out of the question
Sucks about the turbo's.. Gonna just have make up for that in airflow (head/cam) if you haven't already.

As far as the nitrous,, If you are cooling the bottles, I think that's exactly the opposite of what you want to do with them. You should be heating them up for maximum pressure....

Merrick

Closed Thread