pump location

cummins 96

always learning
Im putting a snow performance water meth kit on my truck. Im putting a tank in my tool box my question is where is the best place to mount the pump? thanks

Can you guys post pics of the location, I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the tank being mounted in the bed where would be the best place to mount the pump? Along the frame rail or should it be right beside the tank in the bed?

Tormentor, like always, you have nothing constructive to say.... I HAVE one of those Snow Performance pumps (that you run down all the time). It, my fuel pump, my water aftercooler circulator pump, and my air compressor are all mounted in an aluminum toolbox. My water tank is mounted in the bed of the truck, so water level is about 20 inches lower than the pump. I plumbed it up, hit the power and it was pumping water in just a few seconds. If push come to shove and you want to get it primed, get yourself a mityvac, hook it to your outlet line and draw a vacuum on the output till you get water. Then the pump will for sure be primed.. It's not too bad of a deal. :)

Nope, just stating the fact I've never seen anything but negative in your posts.....

Now, should they draw uphill from the tank? Probably not ideally. Will they? Yes. Is it a pain? No.... Don't discourage or run down the poor guy with negative comments... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.... That's what my momma taught me.

Thanks i have it pump mounted to the frame with a 24 gallon tank in the bed got it hooked up this morning thanks for the input

Sounds great! I mounted mine where I did because it's a central location, and I live in the north where salt corrosion is an issue.... Sounds like you'll be golden! :)

If you're worried, use bigger hose for the pre-pump. I was using a 100psi shurflo, and had to go to 3/8" ID hose, but I was drawing 8-10ft horizontal, and probably 2 ft vertical.

Nope, just stating the fact I've never seen anything but negative in your posts.
Then say something that isn't stupid and i won't have something negative to say about you!

Don't discourage or run down the poor guy with negative comments.
Then stop spreading misinformation.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
The motto of ignorant people who don't like their feelings being hurt by people that know better than them.

That's what my momma taught me.
Sorry to inform you, she clearly didn't raise you very well. Sucks for you!

I was using a 100psi shurflo, and had to go to 3/8" ID hose, but I was drawing 8-10ft horizontal, and probably 2 ft vertical.

That pretty much exactly what I have. Like I said, it can be a pain to prime but it doesn't have any problems after that.

Yes, a larger diameter pipe for the suction line wouldn't be a bad idea... One thing to note, my Snow performance pump had push-connect fittings, so 1/4" is all that will fit, so it' would have to be adapted up out of the pump a little ways. Not sure how the shureflo's are setup.

Yep, but you can upsize just out of the pump with common compression fittings from your local hardware or auto parts store... (Or, Mcmaster-Carr might even have nice push-connect adapters that will do it to. They have everything, I swear!)

That may happen later down the road but for right now it seems to be working well the only thing i was worried about now is im running an inline filter between the tank and the pump because its an older tank but it doesnt seem to effect anything

Yah. if your worried, you could get one of those "jumbo" fuel filters for like 4 wheelers and snowmobiles.. Itd take a lot of junk to restrict one of those.

AEM sells a filter, that seems to be a tractor supply filter of some kind. For those with the aquatec pumps, Devil's Own sells the 3/8" head for them for about $20. I have on laying around for a pump that I sold before I could convert it. CHeck out the DO site, and look under pump, then aquatec replacement parts.

Back