water/meth tank location?

cmont58

Yankee
Trying to figure out a place to mount my tanks. Thinking about building a small box in the corner of the bed to put them in

Don't want to put a tool box in because of my stack and taking up more room in my short bed. That's why I'm thinking of doing like half a toolbox in the driverside bed corner

Why don't you use your factory washer fluid tank? Or, add another factory tank on the other side or something like that? You cold run washer fluid and squirt it in the motor or on the window. Now that I think about it, how does the motor handle Rain-X ? LOL

Some Dmax guys have built tanks that mount under the bed. Do a search for lotsofmiles on duramaxforums, he did a writeup on the tank he built.

theres enough space in front of the forward leaf mount for a 10" x 30" cylindrical tank on a long bed 2nd gen. You could put a filler cap in the bed side.. maybe something out of a marine catalog.

Someone ran a filler up to the stock gas filler location. Whatever you do, make sure you have pressure relief or a big hose running to the filler location.

Back