Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Chassis, Suspension and Driveline
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
That really sucks to hear. I live about 35min away from them and was planning to buy one of their trannys in October

Heads I win, tails you lose....
-Lee-

Old 08-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
Kronk

Name: Kronk
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
A mutual agreement was made. I get my money back and core, they get their transmission back. Done deal.
Sorry to hear about your troubles but no way should a 500 hp truck break as many parts as yours did. I know several 1000 hp trucks running Suncoast Comp68s who have not broken an input. Definitely something wrong with your setup.

Props to Revmax cause I think some of the competitors would have not been so generous in helping you out.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #23
kleann

Name: kleann
Title: VP44 pwr
Member`s Gallery
And you're left with a broken engine and a core transmission?

Old 08-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #24
DDually

Name: DDually
Title: Still spooling..
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleann View Post
And you're left with a broken engine and a core transmission?
Lol that's what I was thinking too

2001 VW TDI South bend, tune, nozzys, custom stuff that's rusting, one custom thing that's not rusting

Old 08-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #25
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
I have been pushing over 900 hp thru one of the first Revmax 1000 series for 15 months now in my 12 mega cab. Mine does not shift hard at all its firm and the converter gives a solid bump in lockup but never considered hard. During normal driving I don't have lockup until mid 4th gear so its hard to bang a shift or shock the trans or drive line. I haven't had any issues at all with my 1000 series it has been a reliable solid performer for my driving style. I have only ran two MCC tunes the entire life of the trans set to kill mode all the time.

I built my truck brand new off the dealer lot with less then 40 miles on the truck. At the same time I bought one of the first public 850 models from Revmax in late 2012. I held great for 14 months of use. I proceeded to shorten all 6 of my rods .110" with only 13,000 miles on the truck. That was in 2013 when tuning was not great and the power was made too quick with compounds. Best estimate at the time was about 700 hp because tuning limiters were holding it back. Its was still good enough to lower the compression and spit raw fuel out

I pulled the motor and built it with the mods listed in sig. This trans has not had an easy task at all and I have put it thru the pace's now for 15 months. With great tuning available now this truck is a beast. I have had great experience with Revmax and their products.

Something was not right if you were experiencing those hard banging shifts and like Kronk said breaking the billet input shaft is very rare pointing to some kind of issue. Do yourself a favor and ditch the 2 pc drive shaft best thing I ever did as I caught mine early on with my first setup. I replaced it with a 5" heavy wall aluminum one pc and its night and day with added traction aids and now is stable and straight when hammered down.

Chris
92 W250 EFI 6.7 "OLD UGLY" 1292.7 HP #2

Old 08-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #26
4thgen

Name: 4thgen
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Im interested in knowing what happened aswell, revmax have been great to me i have purchased a few transmissions and parts from them. I have the 550 series in my 10 last dynoed at 726rwhp for the past 10k no problems

Old 08-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #27
airforceivan

Name: airforceivan
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
What now

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
What are you gone do now. Sticking with another 68?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #28
megatron

Name: megatron
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Suncoast

Closed Thread