Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > LB7 GM Duramax
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LB7 GM Duramax Discuss the 1st Generation Duramax here

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #21
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austins_lb7 View Post
Is there no way to adjust my pulse widths after installing dual fuelers? I dont specifically know how tuning works in that area.
You could possibly cut pulse back and let the pumps make all the pressure they want, but if it's already making good rail pressure you won't gain much, and you'll lose longevity.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #22
Austins_lb7

Name: Austins_lb7
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Jwhite, I think he may be confusing running dual cp3s with running larger injectors, so he can turn down pulse and timing.

Austin, LB7s like rail kept above 21000 at a minimum to keep from losing power. The higher the pressure you're able to maintain, the better. Otherwise turn timing and/or pulse down until you see you can maintain pressures.
Larger injectors will help you keep timing and pulse reasonable, which helps immensely with keeping the spray pattern in the piston bowl, but they don't help with keeping rail pressure up at the same power level.
If you go bigger injectors, I'd also do at minimum a 10mm cp3 or dual setup. Stock cp3 alone won't be able to keep up, and you'll simply lose power.
Boy, those LB7 rods are going to hate you, if they aren't bent already. Have you done a compression test yet to check?
Thanks for the knowledge! And no I havent done a compression test but I'm sure I'm overdue. Ive ran this setup for a little over a year now but only put it in the last tune during competitions. 3rd and 4th tune is where I like to be most of the time. 4th and 5th tune are pretty similar I feel. Back when I bought the 45 overs I had the option of getting 70 percent over sac injectors and somebody talked me out of it. I've regretted it ever since.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #23
Austins_lb7

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhite View Post
You could possibly cut pulse back and let the pumps make all the pressure they want, but if it's already making good rail pressure you won't gain much, and you'll lose longevity.
The 42 over pump does pretty well, the highest I've seen rail was 27.5k. I know the injectors are rated for more than 600 so they are probably set pretty reasonable right now.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #24
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
Before you try changing any parts or tuning, get a 100% accurate reading on your boost. And see if you can log MAF rate and commanded mm3, could have a leak pre turbo causing a defuel. I suppose you could've got a good pump, but I don't see it holding that much pressure on a 600rwhp tune

Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #25
Austins_lb7

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhite View Post
Before you try changing any parts or tuning, get a 100% accurate reading on your boost. And see if you can log MAF rate and commanded mm3, could have a leak pre turbo causing a defuel. I suppose you could've got a good pump, but I don't see it holding that much pressure on a 600rwhp tune
Will do, if I have time at the shop I'll see if I can throw a boost gauge in and see where I'm at.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #26
Austins_lb7

Member`s Gallery
Alright so I solved the boost issue, running through my cts2 monitor I had the wrong sensor setting. It currently matches pound for pound with the map sensor to where before it was showing half of what the map was showing. Now I'm seeing 46lbs of boost in 4th tune. I'm gonna throw it in 5th tune this week and see where that's at.

Closed Thread