Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

Here's a requested pic of what you do to the end of 3x3 tube to slide a weight bracket into the frame rail and bolt it in place of the tow hook on a GM truck...

DMAX Weight Bracket End.JPG

When they measure 60" forward of the centerline of the axle, do they mean the very end of the weight or the very end of the bracket where the weight attaches to?

I have some 3/8 x 5" plate to make the front angle out of. is 5" too tall? Maybe cut it down to 3" ? Seems like my framerails are exactly 3" wide. Do the GM guys have a tight fit using 3" tubing 1/4" wall? My luck it would pull one way or the other and not insert smoothly.

I'm going to use some type of in bed tool box like this....

lbvmzslcfkff.jpg

and build a steel frame inside it with my frame mounts coming out the bottom (for max height) of the box and going through the bumper to the frame, im going to use thick flat plate against the front to push the weight as close to 60 inches as possible and make the truck weigh as close to 7900 as possible, that way if need be i can add/remove weight i still got 100 pounds to play with, and that will leave me enough room so eventually i can move the battery and a fuel cell to the front.....the tool box is roughly 60x20x20, a 59x19x4 block of steel weights around 1270 pounds, at 5 inches wide it weights just shy of 1590 pounds but with the batteries and fuel cell i can go with a smaller piece of steel.....all the tool box will really do is just look good and be lockable, the steel frame inside will be doing all the work......

if need be i may remove the bumper entirely and just use the box so i wont exceed 60 inches......i expect my truck to be very light as it will be track only, im going to pull the bed off and strip every single un-needed thing off the frame including the fuel tank, any type of mounting brackets, cables, wiring, hitches, then im going to go under the cab and do the same thing, along with the interior and under the hood so it can be as light as possible and i can move all of the weight as far forward as possible........while still being legal….....

mine has to hold 5 150 pound concrete blocks, some one ask to see it awile back i dont rember who, but thay asked in the dead of winter and ever thing was covered with snow, but i made it to hook onto my boss snow plow mount, i also bolt it onto the mount only placed it there for pictures, took alittle time but it came out nice, and it only takes 2 mins to put on, its not finished i clean it up some to make it look better but u get the idea
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

its rusty:poke:

anyone got any pics of how they are attaching to the frame on a 2nd gen? Only way i saw was Destinations way just seeing if anyone did anything different

Finished I guess.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 46
well i just got my weight bracket all finished up and its very solid!!! I went off of what destination did and it worked very well.

truck007-1.jpg

truck004-1.jpg

truck006-1.jpg

truck005-1.jpg

truck008-1.jpg

Thank you john (buttercuprubber) for the repost of my weight bracket:Cheer: there was a decent amount of work that went into making it and it only takes me less than a min to put on when i get to a pull, i just wish i could get rid of them 150pound concrete blocks, but they were free so they will do 4 now,

yes mike i will tell every1 how i have "not a 3 piece crank" but a 2 piece crank, yes guys i did what most have not i "BROKE" a duramax crank clean in half, yes thats right, thanks mike for bring that up, would u also like me to tell every1 that the truck also has been at scotts for 4 months now (not his fault socal f'ed me with my block) and i missed the whole pulling season, did not have a truck for the summer months, had to borrow johns jeep for 2 months (thanks a **** load john-->buttercuprubber owe u big time for that) hows that mike, does that make u feel better about yourself, now is there anything else u would like me to tell them other than the fact that it dosent have your all mighty and powerfull cummins engine, that is a JUST a chevy, i never won a NADM event, its never been a magazine,

Back