New steed speed add on

TMONEYDIESEL

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Leen at Steed Speed and I have been working on a simple way to allow guys to run a flipped up manifold with a external gate and not have the exhaust housing run into the W/G.

Attachments

• steed1.jpg
    steed1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • steed3.jpg
    steed3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • steed4.jpg
    steed4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
  • steed5.jpg
    steed5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Good thing I swapped in my stocker and held out for a while to get one! Whose wastegate do they run?

Let me clarify. Is there a solution for running dual wastegates and upward facing turbo. Comp housing hits the front gate.

Since you know all about Steed manifolds, ill ask you.
Do they use 2 studs and 2 bolts to attach to the turbo or do they use 4 studs?
Mine will be here next week and I want to go ahead and get all new hardware.

I would have to drill all the way through for bolts wouldn't I?
I haven't been able to find any good pictures of the mounting area/holes so I'm not sure.

just out of curiosity does steed speed make a T4I manifold?

The manifolds are billet steel halves which are machined by a cnc machine then welded together. I would imagine they can make whatever you like but am not 100% certain.

Sweet thanks.
Do you know where they can be picked up local?

m10 1.5 pitch all thread rod from ace hardware has worked very well for me. Just got a few lengths and cut to whatever length you need. Use a liberal amount of anti seize and enjoy.

I would have to drill all the way through for bolts wouldn't I?
I haven't been able to find any good pictures of the mounting area/holes so I'm not sure.

No, if you use bolts you would not have to drill anything on the steed manifold given its tapped for the m10 1.5 threads. The one time I used allen head bolts I had to drill one of them out. It was the only and last time I use bolts to fasten the turbo to this manifold. Others may have different results, just sharing mine.

No, if you use bolts you would not have to drill anything on the steed manifold given its tapped for the m10 1.5 threads. The one time I used allen head bolts I had to drill one of them out. It was the only and last time I use bolts to fasten the turbo to this manifold. Others may have different results, just sharing mine.

I was talking about bolts with a nut on the other side. I didn't know if the steeds had two threaded holes and two open holes all the way through.
But now I know they have 4 threaded holes to use 4 studs.

Also I used SS Allen bolts for mine. Started threading one in by hand verifying the threads were clean. Bolt made it about 3/4 of the way and became very stiff. So I started to take it out. It was completely seized. Took about a half hour of 1/16th turn in and 1/8th turn out to get it removed. Also used blaster. After that I tapped all the holes to remove any coating and lubed bolts with anti seize during install. Bad luck I guess.

Last edited:
Back