MaxSpool power to 6000 RPM's Congratulation John Weatherby

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kinda air to water set up? Seems a little hot.

from phone

It's because they are in Texas. Here in Minnesota we see temps around 65-85degrees. LOL

I wonder what the temps comming out of the charger are. I typically see 500-600 out of the charger and 75-85 at intake with a very cheap set-up. Those numbers seem more like an air to air set up.

yeah, thats really hot! even if it was moving alot of air.. we typically see 60-85* temps through the run, with 55gpm pump and 2 cores... that would explain the snuffing at the end if that megatrons temps?

I would say that is part of the problem. Even on 95* days I was seeing under 95* intake temps. 2 pumps and 2 cores.

from phone

John , I would love to see You put a stock cam back in & see what happens ... that's he only real way to clear this up .

thats about like comparing apples to oranges. all a stock cam will do is bring the peak hp to a lower rpm, raise boost pressure, and raise the peak torque numbers dramatically thru the whole rpm band. that wont clear anything up IMO. not trying to be smart.

all gregs BS aside, i wouldnt just throw in a hamilton cam just because its proven or being given to you, or because greg is and idiot. both guys have good running cams. zac stuff def works well. its on the conservative side of camshaft design. and is proven. gregs stuff does work well in the right designed setup.

the question is, do you want to do what everyone else is doing and have the same parts as 90% of people out there, or try something different and learn. you cant beat the winners, running what the guy ahead of you already has. or if your satisfied with what everyone else runs, thats also fine too. greg stuff is definitely not your average profile.

not that what I think amounts to a hill of beans, but I prefer to try new things. I think greg is onto something with his cam profiles. personally, a few tweaks with your current profile would be your best bet. In your engine build, I'd think picking a happy medium between zac and gregs stuff would be the deal.

Something like a 210/210 @ .050. pretty conservative for a 4v head. use the big lift numbers like greg uses on the profile you have now. his .200 numbers are way bigger than most stuff ive seen. pull your lsa back to around a 112 and I'd reckon you'd have a very conservative but strong running motor with a few ICL adjustments. buy a billet core from zac or greg and have it ground to your specs.

sorry to zac and greg ahead of time. i dont want to intentionally cut your business or knock your parts. thats not my intentions. both of your stuff works. that being said, this thread was started, and is beginning to sound like a pissing match and could all be solved if people would just try somethihng different and stay off the web and do thier own thing. i could care less about he said she said nonsense. the above profile, IMO, would be pretty legit. i would love to see some results if anyone out there wants to try it.

thats about like comparing apples to oranges. all a stock cam will do is bring the peak hp to a lower rpm, raise boost pressure, and raise the peak torque numbers dramatically thru the whole rpm band. that wont clear anything up IMO. not trying to be smart.

all gregs BS aside, i wouldnt just throw in a hamilton cam just because its proven or being given to you, or because greg is and idiot. both guys have good running cams. zac stuff def works well. its on the conservative side of camshaft design. and is proven. gregs stuff does work well in the right designed setup.

the question is, do you want to do what everyone else is doing and have the same parts as 90% of people out there, or try something different and learn. you cant beat the winners, running what the guy ahead of you already has. or if your satisfied with what everyone else runs, thats also fine too. greg stuff is definitely not your average profile.

not that what I think amounts to a hill of beans, but I prefer to try new things. I think greg is onto something with his cam profiles. personally, a few tweaks with your current profile would be your best bet. In your engine build, I'd think picking a happy medium between zac and gregs stuff would be the deal.

Something like a 210/210 @ .050. pretty conservative for a 4v head. use the big lift numbers like greg uses on the profile you have now. his .200 numbers are way bigger than most stuff ive seen. pull your lsa back to around a 112 and I'd reckon you'd have a very conservative but strong running motor with a few ICL adjustments. buy a billet core from zac or greg and have it ground to your specs.

sorry to zac and greg ahead of time. i dont want to intentionally cut your business or knock your parts. thats not my intentions. both of your stuff works. that being said, this thread was started, and is beginning to sound like a pissing match and could all be solved if people would just try somethihng different and stay off the web and do thier own thing. i could care less about he said she said nonsense. the above profile, IMO, would be pretty legit. i would love to see some results if anyone out there wants to try it.

More voice of reason.

My question is....the video was taken on July 21, and was captioned by Power Source Diesel as "John Weatherby's strong pull Saturday night"

What has changed from that "strong pull" in late July to now in mid Sept the cam is causing the engine to run poorly??

I agree with you saying you can't win without trying something new. That's why I went to Greg. If he would have sent me a cam card or been able to tell me the specs on the cam without it changeling I probably would still be running it. This hole time it's always been something else's fault. Turbos to big, injectors may be to small, try different gears, and finally after he was pressured more it was oh advance it 4 degrees and it'll fix it. I was fed up. If you remember we talked about cam choices a while back in pm's. I think there's a lot to learn in the cam area if was had pulls like up north every weekend or every night I'd be more app to try 4 degrees then pull then 4 more but only having 1 hook a month most more than 4.5 hours from me it's hard to keep going when the trucks not performing the way it should.

The video was of a low gear pull the only gear it'd get off the line in and it ran down the track and fell on its face. Ill have to look at the log to see what rpm I carried and so on.

Gonna have to make a weight transfer sled out of a 5th wheel trailer and an old truck that can drive forward on it while moving. Its better than nothing and surely you have enough empty field out there to try it out in.

We have not changed a thing from July 21st till now. There's videos from the Abilene pull on Facebook from a couple weeks ago and it did the same exact pass. There's video for the big end as well

I agree with you saying you can't win without trying something new. That's why I went to Greg. If he would have sent me a cam card or been able to tell me the specs on the cam without it changeling I probably would still be running it. This hole time it's always been something else's fault. Turbos to big, injectors may be to small, try different gears, and finally after he was pressured more it was oh advance it 4 degrees and it'll fix it. I was fed up. If you remember we talked about cam choices a while back in pm's. I think there's a lot to learn in the cam area if was had pulls like up north every weekend or every night I'd be more app to try 4 degrees then pull then 4 more but only having 1 hook a month most more than 4.5 hours from me it's hard to keep going when the trucks not performing the way it should.

The video was of a low gear pull the only gear it'd get off the line in and it ran down the track and fell on its face. Ill have to look at the log to see what rpm I carried and so on.

no man, i hear ya there. im not disagreeing with ya at all. if you cant depends on the big name shops (which i hear a lot) , you gotta go out and try your own thing in my opinion. it's definitely easier to run what works already. i agree. you should find a cam grinder of your choice, send them an unground core, and try your own thing. excuses are like a-holes, move on, learn from it, and try something new that no one offers. if all else fails, that stocker will work like old faithful. :woohoo:

your seasons basically over. id try the smaller housing, if that doesnt work, youll know the likely culprit of the issues, despite the excuses. then u can change your setup for next season. just my thoughts

This winter I am going flow my ported head. I want to see when flow stops increasing at what valve lift.
I have ran one of Gregs cams 232/210 I believe. I am now running one of Zac's 200/220. Valve lift is almost the same. Zac's cam seems to light faster. I'll try anything. But want some more info before I purchase my next cam which will probably be billet.

LOL yea i know nothing about that stuff....:bang

For being the all knowing super race master engine builder you claim to be, you'd think you could produce more constructive comments than the like of "too much lift affects velocity", "it will either work, or it won't", "the sky is blue and grass is green", "nitrous is cold and makes my nipples hard", etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back