any 6.9 IDI pullers or racers on here?

randal07

another guy with a truck
Just curious if anyone here is pulling or racing with a 6.9 IDI. If so what kind of set up are you running? I ask because i have the chance to buy an 85 ford 2wd for cheap and would like to know where to start or if its even worth it. I tried searching and couldnt really find what im looking for so if anyone can point me to a thread on this, or wants to post on this that would be great. thanks for the help

Check out PSN there is a guy that has built up a badass 6.9 tow rig. Check my idi build thread here, the same guy is helpin me and we are making an idi drag truck

It is good to hear some people are still messing with the idi's I had 2 and eventually blew them both sky high before I knew chit. My first 2 diesels that I wrecked and still hooked. Good luck with yor build.

Someone built one for pulling on PSN, haven't been able to run it yet due to fueling problems at the top end. The average "performance" idi is around 200-215rwhp and 400-440wrtq. No aftermarket support makes it difficult to get real power. When your talkin 125-140/ 250-280 stock they aren't very desirable for power I guess.

When mines done we are shooting for 11-12 sec 1/4mi on fuel only for now

Haha Im not going for mileage or a dd, I like the idea of the 6.9 because they're not very popular and I want to see what it's limits are ( I'm sure it's not much) and its something different. Speaking of different, u guys think a 12 valve with fit in a 70 chevelle? Not that I'm going to do it or that I can but it'd be pretty cool.

Back