Fuel Filter for 2008 Dodge

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
So it is time to buy a fuel filter again(I finally used my supply) So looking at what to buy, it appears there is a new two stage? What are folks buying?

I only put about 10K miles a year on my Mega so I change it once a year with the engine oil. From what I found this was supposed to be one of the better stock replacement fuel filter cartridges. I have both Fleetguard and Wix canisters for my truck.

Amazon.com: Cummins FS43258 Fuel Filter: Automotive

Yea I am in a similar issue, I think I have only put 10k on it in the last 5 years, and it is due. I was thinking there was an updated canister as well?

Yea I am in a similar issue, I think I have only put 10k on it in the last 5 years, and it is due. I was thinking there was an updated canister as well?

I'm not familiar with an updated canister for our trucks but that is supposed to be the updated two stage filter I believe, now you had to buy a Wix or a Fleetguard canister in order to just be able to purchase replacement cartridges seperately.

I ended up ordering the Fleetguard canister and filter a couple years ago, because my buddy I bought the truck from let the stealer do all the servicing and couldn't tell me when or what fuel filter was done last.

When I pulled the canister off the truck it turned out to be a Wix canister instead of the Mopar I was expecting. :nail:

There's a new filter for the 10+ trucks thats around 3 micron, I believe. That's all we sell for the 4th gens. The 07-09 trucks got the updated canister, but that was probably 6-8 years ago.

Bump this back up. I need the part number for the element that goes in the MOPAR canister 68061633AA.

Back