RIBBED tensioner pulley help

Whitenightmare

Does anyone know the dayco part number for a RIBBED tensioner pulley. I put a 12v in a obs Ford that is a factory no a/c truck. The belt route for no a/c puts the ribbed side of the belt on a flat/ smooth pulley. I’ve search my ass off and can’t seem to find a solid answer. And unlike my new collection of random (and wrong) v-band clamps I’d like to order the correct part the first time. Thanks!!!

I’ve looked everywhere I know and don’t see one, either. I don’t see what running the ribbed side of the belt on a smooth pulley would hurt. A belt’s not that expensive, give it a try. There’s always the A/C Delete pulley is always an option.

More Information for DORMAN 34229

It’s currently running and seems to be fine. Just doesn’t seem right to me. I guess I’ll run it and see what happens...

It'll be fine. You could always find a ribbed pulley for the tensioner, but we've never seen an issue running the shorter belt with the original pulley.

The a/c hasn't worked in my truck in over 10yrs, so when I replaced the belt about 3yrs ago, I used a a/c delete belt, with nothing spinning through compressor anymore. I can't remember off the top of my head, but one of the pulleys are wrong now, I think a ribbed pulley on the smooth side of the belt. Hasn't appeared to be an issue so far.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking for one in the future. This pulley works great wit a few machine washers to space it correctly

Attachments

• 98F64A5B-665E-4686-A190-4E903CF2FC91.jpg
    98F64A5B-665E-4686-A190-4E903CF2FC91.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 0
Back