Hx50 questions?

Im putting together a compound system for my engine. Was looking at using a HX50 of a m11 cummins for the bigger and using the stock for the smaller. Are HX50's as durable as the hx35's? Would a hx50 be a good uses for a towing compound system?

Im putting together a compound system for my engine. Was looking at using a HX50 of a m11 cummins for the bigger and using the stock for the smaller. Are HX50's as durable as the hx35's? Would a hx50 be a good uses for a towing compound system?

DT360 right? My HX55 is a 66mm turbo. To small for a atmosphere turbo. I was thinking the HX50 was close to the same.

DT360 right? My HX55 is a 66mm turbo. To small for a atmosphere turbo. I was thinking the HX50 was close to the same.

Why is it too small for the atmosphere charger? It all depends on power goals and application.

If the goal is absolute power, yes, too small...if it's a towing and work truck with a reasonable limit on RPM, then it could be a darn nice atmosphere for a fast spooling set of twins.

Chris

Why is it too small for the atmosphere charger? It all depends on power goals and application.

If the goal is absolute power, yes, too small...if it's a towing and work truck with a reasonable limit on RPM, then it could be a darn nice atmosphere for a fast spooling set of twins.

Chris

You are correct. It is aplication and hp goal dependent.

Daniel can correct me if I am wrong. In his build thread he mentioned wanting 1200ftlb so around 550 to 600 hp. That's why I believe it to be to small. Yes he can make that power with it, but I would think it would be hot and smokey. I could very well be wrong though.

Daniel can correct me if I am wrong. In his build thread he mentioned wanting 1200ftlb so around 550 to 600 hp. That's why I believe it to be to small. Yes he can make that power with it, but I would think it would be hot and smokey. I could very well be wrong though.

I don't pay much attention to build threads LOL

If 600 is the goal, skip the HX50. I doubt a DT360 head flows much better than a 12v, so you'll need a lot more charger for 600. 75mm S400 would be somewhere close.

Chris

1200ft/lbs is correct and really dont know what that would make in hp. I really thought 400hp is what that would be?? Just from research i'm thinking a 68-70mm turbo would be a good atmosphere turbo.
I just came across the hx line of turbos and knew the hx35 was tough as nail, but I cant find any info on a 50. Just trying to find some really.
I know a Borg S369 would be perfect paired with my t04 but I would like to see what other options are out there. Quick spool, good power and durable. That's really all i am looking for.

1200ft/lbs is correct and really dont know what that would make in hp. I really thought 400hp is what that would be?? Just from research i'm thinking a 68-70mm turbo would be a good atmosphere turbo.
I just came across the hx line of turbos and knew the hx35 was tough as nail, but I cant find any info on a 50. Just trying to find some really.
I know a Borg S369 would be perfect paired with my t04 but I would like to see what other options are out there. Quick spool, good power and durable. That's really all i am looking for.

You could make 1200ftlb down low and only 400 up top. But all that would prove is a very bad torque curve. But being you are p-pumped if you make 1200 ftlbs you will be making well over 400 at the upper end 550 to 600 would be a guess.

I really hope some 5.9 guys post up for you. They would be able to tell you for sure.

I do think the s369 would work. You could step up the s472 though and be well covered. With these newer turbos it takes less comp inducer size to do the same thing.

I don't pay much attention to build threads LOL

If 600 is the goal, skip the HX50. I doubt a DT360 head flows much better than a 12v, so you'll need a lot more charger for 600. 75mm S400 would be somewhere close.

Chris

I will admit a s475 was the first turbo that nm popped in my head. Like the 171702 part number but do it with a tighter exhaust housing. But there are newer and better turbos out there. But the 171702 can be had for a song.

I was recommended the Garret GTA4202 to put with the he351cw for similar power goals on my VP truck. Might be worth looking into, at the time I was thinking it was less expensive than the Borg stuff I had been checking out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If the goal is torque, then the HX50 might work.

I made 398hp/998tq with a S360 extended tip on a 1995 12v. Best towing setup I ever drove.

If all you want is torque, then you want the smallest chargers you can to get the air down low enough to make the torque.

How many RPM will you be turning?
Chris

Sorry for the long reply. Cowboy, thank you for the link, i am reading through it right now.
Signature, i have the 3k/4k spring for my injection pump so that would be max there. Dont see myself forcing passed that

Back