Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #41
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
Official announcement.
We have received your request for amending/changing the 2017 Limited Pro Stock Diesel Truck rules. Upon review on your information and discussions with the majority of the Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League member states concerning cylinder heads has been denied. Generally, the only rules amended during the season are safety rules.
We do appreciate your efforts to expand and explore the diesel truck market. However, this competition season is upon us and we can further discuss options for the pullers at the events and evaluate their responses on this particular topic.
Please keep compiling information; (results/failures/finishes) so at the end of the season at our banquet we can make a rule change if deemed necessary.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #42
jedeka

Name: jedeka
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
That's a kick in the balls !

2005 3500 4x4 dually, auto, KORE leveling coils, 19.5 wheels, Smarty Jr

Old 03-30-2017, 02:29 AM   #43
badbowtie

Name: badbowtie
Title: custom engine daydreamer
Member`s Gallery
I hate to hear that. I want to see the baddest trucks built win, not the one the rules handicap into winning.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 64.5sxe
90 d350

Old 04-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #44
WI Huck

Name: WI Huck
Title: Where does the time go?
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDiesel View Post
Official announcement.
We have received your request for amending/changing the 2017 Limited Pro Stock Diesel Truck rules. Upon review on your information and discussions with the majority of the Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League member states concerning cylinder heads has been denied. Generally, the only rules amended during the season are safety rules.
We do appreciate your efforts to expand and explore the diesel truck market. However, this competition season is upon us and we can further discuss options for the pullers at the events and evaluate their responses on this particular topic.
Please keep compiling information; (results/failures/finishes) so at the end of the season at our banquet we can make a rule change if deemed necessary.
That is exactly the core of our argument! This rule was not made known until the spring meeting. There were supposed to be no changes in the rules for the Pro Stock Diesel Trucks and this rule was not listed in the Limited Pro Stock Diesel Truck rule changes for 2017 either.

2003 Chevrolet Duramax Pulling Truck "Never Enough"
2014 Ram 5500 4x4 Pickup

BADGER STATE TRACTOR PULLERS
HUCKSTORF DIESEL

Last edited by WI Huck; 04-01-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #45
WI Huck

Name: WI Huck
Title: Where does the time go?
Member`s Gallery
The logic in their response is flawed. A rule that is found only in the 2017 rule book that the pullers have not received yet should be enforced, and the request to amend that rule for this season is denied because the season is upon us.

2003 Chevrolet Duramax Pulling Truck "Never Enough"
2014 Ram 5500 4x4 Pickup

BADGER STATE TRACTOR PULLERS
HUCKSTORF DIESEL

Last edited by WI Huck; 04-01-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #46
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
This is a perfect example of domination, It has dominated PPL to there own injury, Many Including My self WILL NOT sacrifice Justice to pull in any League. Sure we can Pull Super Stock. to avoid those changes...That incurs additional expense. My guess to build a SS contender is $250.000+ when all said and done, Plus the additional travel and incurred expenses. Many pullers would like to continue to pulling just don't have the resources to pull in that class.
We will give PPL continue support and work diligently to change there standing, But we have limits also, and when We see change is necessary to benefit the league and pullers we will NOT stop until we are heard at the highest levels if deemed necessary.

The No limit head brought New technology that allowed Pullers to have options that do NOT subject them to limited resources at considerable more expense.

Pullers need to unite and Be heard... PPL has promised to revisit and evaluate their decision ( lets see if they keep this Promise) If you believe that this product should be allowed be heard.

On another note Yes I agree the change should have been optional until the seasonal banquet.

The rules as they stand will also bring current heads into question and debates, Many of the heads have ductile inserts and valves pucks, these are additional part's NOT found in any OEM cast head.

Here's a picture of My welded insert (Old Style) and new Style. Now new cast is available ..Cast brings on even More reliability questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shop pictures 2016 024.jpg (410.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg New head.jpg (181.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by TCDiesel; 04-01-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #47
jedeka

Name: jedeka
Member`s Gallery
What holds the iron insert into the aluminum? Those two metals expand at a different rate, when subject to heat. I know you know this, but does the governing body that makes up the rules know this?

2005 3500 4x4 dually, auto, KORE leveling coils, 19.5 wheels, Smarty Jr

Old 04-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #48
lawnboy01

Name: lawnboy01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedeka View Post
What holds the iron insert into the aluminum? Those two metals expand at a different rate, when subject to heat. I know you know this, but does the governing body that makes up the rules know this?
Yes, the aluminum head with the insert are legal

Old 04-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #49
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Inserts ,Illegal by definition, But allowed. No limit head Illegal by definition NOT allowed.

If I was to bolt the sets of heads I have ( With Inserts or No limits ) and pulled and someone drop the cash Down on Protest, I would concede and forfeit the Cash and take ( Possible ) suspension, to avoid the tear down. With this black cloud over the classes, it could come down to who got the $ and the most balls.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #50
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
PPL Does not care about the truck pullers! they want professional rigs (toters and enclosed trailers, not pick-ups and goosenecks), which most of us do not have. the class direction revolves around the class sponsors, where the money comes from. us on here are not included in that group. we can exhaust ourselves and all our resources, before the rules will change to favor anyone other then the $$$. i wish you well to persuade the right individuals to allow a change for the better. but do not expect common sense, knowledge or facts to change anything with ppl.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #51
duramaxzak

Name: duramaxzak
Title: Rookie!!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
PPL Does not care about the truck pullers! they want professional rigs (toters and enclosed trailers, not pick-ups and goosenecks), which most of us do not have. the class direction revolves around the class sponsors, where the money comes from. us on here are not included in that group. we can exhaust ourselves and all our resources, before the rules will change to favor anyone other then the $$$. i wish you well to persuade the right individuals to allow a change for the better. but do not expect common sense, knowledge or facts to change anything with ppl.
This^^^! I hope you can get PPL to listen Todd, but PPL is the reason this sport is to expensive for the average guy to afford and be competitive. There's a reason the 2.5 diesel class is getting so big in MN and WI! 2.5 is still somewhat affordable.

- Danville performance, Mark.
- Suncoast transmission's, Andrew.
- Wehrli custom fab, Jason.
- Profab, Rick
- Turbo performance, Levi.
- HSP, Joe and Dave.
- SoCal diesel.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #52
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Par for the course with the idiots running PPL.

Closed Thread