93 6.5 questions needed answered

I'm trying to help out a guy who wants me to finish putting in the new motor in his 6.5. It was in the truck already so I already hooked up the harnesses. And everything else. The lift pump filled up the filter housing no problem. I started to crank it and got nothing. No fuel out in to the lines. Unhooked one from the back of the injection pump and it's bone dry. Is there a way to bleed it out or what? Is there a special way to start it back up? I've never done gm products. Just 5.9s and 7.3s, and there was a sensor with a harness on it underfur water pump but above the crank and I couldn't find out where it goes any ideas?

Sorry for any mistakes this was made from my phone

Make it really simple. Toss the electronic pump in the trash and put a mechanical pump on it! You'll eliminate sensor issues, PMD failures and it'll run just as well if not better!

93 should be mechanical... But on the electronic one the crank sensor wire plug interchanges with another plug... if i remember correctly..can't remember which plug.

I just leave the lines loose on the injector. But it sounds like you dont have any power to the shut off solenoid . It is right on top of the pump. Needs to have 12 volts there to turn the solenoid on..

92-93 IS mechanical. If you got a motor from a 94+, the IP set up will NOT work unless you get the harness or swap out the IP for a DB2 (found on all 6.2s and mechanical 6.5s).

Back