03-04 injectors in 2014

olblue359

jus blowin smoke
Have swapped several motors from 5.9 to 6.7 on earlier year trucks wondering if you can still run the 03-04 5.9 injectors with the 2014 ECM. Reason being I have a set of exergy injectors that are freshly checked out would like to use vs buying new.

I'd do it. Not sure what head you're running, but I'm sure you are aware of the modifications needed to run 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head.

I'd do it. Not sure what head you're running, but I'm sure you are aware of the modifications needed to run 5.9 injectors in a 6.7 head.

Modifications are needed to do the opposite, 6.7 injector in 5.9 head. 5.9 injector will go into 6.7 head without any work.

What mods to run 5.9, 03-04 injectors in a 6.7 head ???? Retaining collars ?

It's the other way. Older head (or newer inj) must be machined.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I was aware that you cannot run 6.7 injectors in 5.9 head. We have done several swaps just wanted to make the 2014 ECM would still run the 5.9 injectors

IIRC the voltage on the newer injector/ecm for the 6.7 is higher.

I haven't heard anyone doing this swap, but expect you would have to spend some time with the fuel maps to compensate for the resistance of the injector solenoid.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back