Twin sizing question.

SmokinCAT

Cheap and Easy.
Looking to see if there is guideline of how much bigger an atmosphere charger needs to be over the one it feeds.

If you're only looking at the intake side you'll probably want the primary close to double the volume of the secondary. Turbine wheel and housing size also plays into the game as well.

If you're only looking at the intake side you'll probably want the primary close to double the volume of the secondary. Turbine wheel and housing size also plays into the game as well.

This is all kind of what to do if the scenario comes up that I need more air for the engine I'm working on.

As of now I'm running a HT4 as my manifold charger, with the mods I plan on doing in the next few weeks it most likely will not be able to keep up, I have a 106mm HX82 sitting on the shelf and I'm wondering if it is too small to run with the HT4.

I'm not sure off the top of my head, and I won't be able to get a measurement till this weekend, I see where your heading though, if there isn't much of a difference in the exducers of the two turbos they won't work together.

Anything will work...to a point...it's just weather or not it's going to make an improvement worth the effort.

Back