pinion angle vs tailshaft???

well back driving, no weird vibs. still gonna shim the pinion up some neways...

but with the new power the wheel hop is worse, hell if I shift under power especially to od and lu it will jar your teeth out!! dunno where to start, low pro tires are probably the biggest issue? try coil overs? like before I already have traction bars. the half ton short wheel base chassis is super light in the ass neways.

actually just flipped the axle. sets on top of the leafs now, no blocks, aftermarket shackles or anything. leafs and shackles are all factory.

just traction bars, I can post pics.

url

similar to this setup, there 48 inches long. mounts on the u bolts just like them.

Last edited:
Those shocks look like they may be to long for where youre at, and the traction bar and spring may be working against eachother

yea those are the factory shocks id say there about bottomed out

I guess im gonna measure and get coil overs and mount them a little straighter also care to elaborate on the traction bar problem?

The mount locations and angles between the spring and bar can be working against eachother adding to the issue.

You could make a custom link work right on the outside of the frame rail on your truck, add a track bar and the coil overs that youre already going to add and have a better suspension.

im thinking this winter im gonna build off my bars and make them ladder bars and do away with the leafs....

just like to get it to stop, like yesterday I had it locked up in 3rd and rolled into it and when it come up on boost it started spinning and hopping. be nice to get it working ok for this summer to race it some, then in the winter completely redo the whole ass end.

hope these can help, hopefully don't break anything!!

29.5/11.5/15 got 200 bucks in tires n wheels!! tires 75%

001_zps22a1e665.jpg

002_zps648134f2.jpg

what's the material on the traction bar, it looks quite small for its length... I bet it's deflecting.

I'd run a ridged triangular mount on axle with a shackle on the frame end. Essentially this:
BudBuilt_traction_bar_1s.jpg

but sized accordingly for your packaging.

Yes that bar being so long could also be becoming flexed.

Thats another option and far easier than other link designs edgary, what Hurley put up is a ladder bar and that you would only need the coil overs and the track bar.

the tube is a 1 1/4, I think its .250 wall maybe?? 3/4 heims in it.

yea that's the design that im gonna build of my original bars, but id like to wait to do it next winter. but if that's the only way I can cure it may have to go ahead and do it.

Back