bronco tank

lukecline

Kansas Kid
Well im doing the bronco tank mod finally:ylsuper: . Someone decided that i needed dirt/ crap in my rear tank:kick: so I figured now was a good time to just swap in a bronco tank. I bought a 33 gal tank from Oreilly auto parts for a little under $130 (supposed to fit a 91 bronco), but im having problems locating a fuel gauge sending unit. They keep trying to sell me an electric in tank pump, i looked at it and there is no fuel gauge stuff in it. I looked on dzljims site and he got his from the junk yard, id rather get a new one if possible. What the heck do i need to get???

Im also changing the fuel system a little planning on using an ITP 5/8" pick up tube with 5/8" hose to my 160gph 14 psi lift pump and have that feeding 2 superduty pumps in parallel (already using 2 sd pumps). For now id like to keep the front tank, but im going to use it as a transfer tank and have a small lift pump to transfer fuel.

Hopefully i can get everything rounded up by next weekend, 16 gallons of fuel capacity SUCKS!:poke:

Using the front tank for a transfer tank is a good idea. That might be what I have to do instead of trying to figure out a tank selector. Just use the existing switch to turn on a small pump and refill a bronco tank. I don't like having to carry the spare in the bed, but you can't have everything.

For the '90+ single pump bronco setup, it should look like this

module-3.jpg

fdm.jpg

Some more pics and info for ya here...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/2742/12737

Adrianspeeder

Thanks Adrian!

I just bought a sending unit off fleabay for a little over 40 bucks shipped....ford wanted almost 60. Tank fits in perfect. Now im waiting on the sending unit so i can start running fuel lines.

Luke

I have been looking in to this mod 1. b/c it would be nice to hold more fuel for trips, and 2. bc/ i need some more weight behind the rear axle so that my truck will ride better.....

Carl

Back