Fuse Issues????.....

Hammer

Verbal Junk Author
Jim.....
The new pump sent to Antrim,and installed a couple of weeks ago for my truck,tonight has stopped running completely.Any attempt at changing the fuses out results in that fuse being blown.I have checked the wiring harness from front to back and even swapped in a new relay with no luck.I have also tapped the end of the motor as per the troubleshooting manual.

When you change the fuse out the motor sounds sluggish and then it will blow the fuse and leave you sit.The truck had no issues before going to work tonite and I am stumped at what I should do or look for next.I need to the truck for work and back in service as soon as I can..........Andy

I've come across this with a couple of new pumps, there could be something stuck in the pump causing a higher amp draw. I reversed polarity on the pumps, let them run for a few seconds, and it took care of whatever was clogging them. No problems since.

Brett.....
How did you reverse the polarity of the pump when its wired through a relay?.

Brett.....

Good question Andy! I never ran into this problem but I guess you could cut the wires and hook them up bassakwards...seems kinda like BS if you ask me.

P.S. I think I would launch that thing through something
LOL

Brett.....
I had a 24v lift pump extension laying around, I just cut it instead of hacking up the fass harness. I think if you get a hold of fass they have a way of doing it without cutting up the harness.

Good question Andy! I never ran into this problem but I guess you could cut the wires and hook them up bassakwards...seems kinda like BS if you ask me.

P.S. I think I would launch that thing through something
LOL
Whats it going to hurt to try? If it fixes it, his trucks not down, if it doesn't, he'll be waiting a week for a new pump.

Brett...
Fass tech man,Charlie,advised me against running the pump backwards.

The 5/8" check ball under the motor is the culprit as it was lodged and had to be unstuck.I was told with the high pressure pumps it should have a 3/4" check ball there to prevent this from happening.They are going to send me a new check ball out and a new motor as he thinks the motor may have been damaged due to it.

Yes,the truck is going to be down a few days,but,I realistically have no options other than that.Charlie has been very helpful and is going to get them out to me today and depending on how long UPS takes I should have the needed parts by no later than Friday.I never thought I would need to have a second 150/180-1010@45psi around as a spare but it certainly is looking that way.Time will tell as I am hoping the 3rd time is a charm with this pump....Andy

P.S.-For those who do not know already,Lowfly(Jim),does not work for FASS anymore.

Back