Sigma pump?

strokedviking

i was just searching around and came across a thread about truck pulling and some of the top modified 12v guys. and one person said they run sigma pumps....what is a sigma pump? please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but i was just curious if it was a P-pump for like a marine app. or something?
thanks!

It's a billet injection pump. Capable of a BUNCH of fuel...I've heard over 2000CC's at the turn of a screw, and something like 12K rpm. However I don't know of any engine capable of handling those RPM.

They are BAD @$$ pump, that's for sure!
Chris

Actually the standard Sigma is a stock cast alum case alot like a Bosch P series. Sigma pumps to the best of my knoweledge came from France but I dont know thier original application. You can expect to pay anyehere from 8500-11000 for a good pump from Hypermax or Columbus Diesel, or you can go with a custom billet housing that puts up with higher pressure and can alow more room fore even more exotic parts. expect to pay between 17-25k

Holly F#$&ing sh1te!!! thats a shiiiiite loud of fuel! 12,000rpm? know one knows the original use of these pumps? are they basicaly the same desing as the P-pump? man what i would give to have a f*$&# load of money!
i cant wait to tell my 12v friends about these, they will flip $hit!!!

SuperSonic said:
Actually the standard Sigma is a stock cast alum case alot like a Bosch P series. Sigma pumps to the best of my knoweledge came from France but I dont know thier original application. You can expect to pay anyehere from 8500-11000 for a good pump from Hypermax or Columbus Diesel, or you can go with a custom billet housing that puts up with higher pressure and can alow more room fore even more exotic parts. expect to pay between 17-25k

Thanks for the low down Chris!

Have you ran one yet?
Chris

so is there a turbo out there that can burn all that fuel? I mean is there a need for all the fuel? a stupid pump puts out enuf fuel for any application dont it?

You fellas have to remember the tractor pullers use way more fuel than our little 5.9s.

sigma1.gif

you can turn a sigma back just like a P-pump for lower CC's and still keep a high injection rate and not worry about it sticking

Back