Painting my truck, with pics

cummins724

BREAKING $HIT
I am finally getting started painting my truck. This is the replacement door & I figured that I would get the jamb painted to save down time when I pull the truck into the shop. The color is Sunset Orange metallic.:rockwoot: This thing is gonna look wild!!!!

View attachment 12864

View attachment 12865

If anyone is interested in seeing pics as I go, I'll keep posting them up.

Last edited:
I think this truck is gonna really stand out in a crowd after this color goes on. The color is a 2007 Cobalt color, also used on Dodge SRT10.

That'll look sweet. I've thought about painting my truck that color awhile back but I doubt it would look good with the tan interior. I don't have the patience for bodywork either so, my hat's off to you.

That'll look sweet. I've thought about painting my truck that color awhile back but I doubt it would look good with the tan interior. I don't have the patience for bodywork either so, my hat's off to you.

Yeah, its gonna be a big job, but I have all winter. I bought a new hood, lh fender & 2 southern doors. I'm gonna spray the jambs & prep the replacement panels before I pull the truck in the garage. I'm heating the garage with a torpedo heater & putting plastic up to keep the dust/bugs down. I've painted 6 cars in this garage a few years back. It is hard to keep the dust out, but if there is dust....I'm good with a buffer.:hehe:

Yeah, its gonna be a big job, but I have all winter. I bought a new hood, lh fender & 2 southern doors. I'm gonna spray the jambs & prep the replacement panels before I pull the truck in the garage. I'm heating the garage with a torpedo heater & putting plastic up to keep the dust/bugs down. I've painted 6 cars in this garage a few years back. It is hard to keep the dust out, but if there is dust....I'm good with a buffer.:hehe:

take a hose and soak down the floor before you paint, it keeps the dust at bay

and you stole my idea...some day, when i have the time, i will be pulling all my dents and then spray my truck sunset metalic orange and possibly a viper black two-tone...now i may have to go with the sonic blue and silver i had also thought of

take a hose and soak down the floor before you paint, it keeps the dust at bay

and you stole my idea...some day, when i have the time, i will be pulling all my dents and then spray my truck sunset metalic orange and possibly a viper black two-tone...now i may have to go with the sonic blue and silver i had also thought of

Yep, floor was sprayed when I was painting. I took the pics after it was dry. You have good taste TJ. I'm doing black linex below the body line.:hehe:

Should be a sharp looking truck.:Cheer:

Im painting mine a brighter shade of red this winter. I dread it dearly. Cant find the energy to paint the jambs so it stays the sam color. Im thinking of throwing in a '70 Mopar satin black hood and post treatment though.

thats one heck of a deal

I do alot of business with them. They told me they had a perfect condition door for my truck. When I drove up, they had a POS rusted bottom door with dents. I yelled for a while about my wasted trip up there & the guy said "What else do you need, I'll make it worth your drive?" I said "leather seats". He said "Take your pic, hows $300 for a complete interior sound?" I said "Hows $150 sound?" He said "Pick them up tomorrow, I'll have my guys get them out for you." :hehe:

Needless to say, it was worth the trip. When I went to pick them up, I said "What?, you couldn't even Armorall the seats?":hehe:

I need a little help. Between the front & rear glass [driver front door & rear door] there is a black decal on the pillar of the front door. Anyone know where I can purchase these decals? I also need the sticky seals which go here & there along the inside of the door. Any help?

the black decals you can get from the dealer or a sign shop that does stick on lettering ,,,, ... the black decal on the door i left mine off .. look a my truck

the black decals you can get from the dealer or a sign shop that does stick on lettering ,,,, ... the black decal on the door i left mine off .. look a my truck

Nice looking truck. The decal shop I stopped at didn't have the same decal color as factory. I'll look around later, just trying to get all my ducks in a row. Thanks

Back