Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > FASS Fuel Systems
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FASS Fuel Systems High Performance Fuel Delivery System

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Rat_Power_78

Name: Rat_Power_78
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
FASS blowing fuses

I have a Platinum (150 I believe) on my 99 24v installed using the harness they sent with the pump. I have had it on the truck for around a year now, and out of nowhere it decided to blow a fuse. From the factory it had a 15 amp, so I tried a 20, but that blew too. I pulled the filter, even though it only had about 6k miles on it, but still no luck. Finally a 30 amp fuse made it run. Does this mean my pump is failing? Im not ok with just upsizing the fuse and calling it fixed.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Chapman_4

Name: Chapman_4
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I know I have an air dog but I was having the same problem and I changed out the pump and it's been good since.
03 LB7 Duramax

Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
homewrecker

Name: homewrecker
Title: gear jammer
Member`s Gallery
Have you made sure all your electrical connections are clean, battery, relay, harness etc..?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

05 2500 QC Laramie sport
Garmon built tranny
FI 63/68/.91 ETR-HO S480/92/1.25
dual pumps
105% injectors

Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Rat_Power_78

Name: Rat_Power_78
Member`s Gallery
Yes connections are all good, wiring appears to be good, all protected and secured. The whole system has been on a year to a year and a half, roughly 6000 miles. I didnt expect a failure this quick, now I'm worried I will be replacing my VP again...

Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
fassgene

Name: fassgene
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_Power_78 View Post
I have a Platinum (150 I believe) on my 99 24v installed using the harness they sent with the pump. I have had it on the truck for around a year now, and out of nowhere it decided to blow a fuse. From the factory it had a 15 amp, so I tried a 20, but that blew too. I pulled the filter, even though it only had about 6k miles on it, but still no luck. Finally a 30 amp fuse made it run. Does this mean my pump is failing? Im not ok with just upsizing the fuse and calling it fixed.
There are only a few reasons the single filter Platinum system would pop a fuse. The first is a really bad restriction pre pump which is unlikely unless you still have the original in line filter in between the tank and pump. The second would be a piece of debris stuck in the gear. The third would be something going bad in the motor. Give us a call at 636-433-5410 and we can walk you through some tests and get this fixed for you.

Closed Thread