Might have stripped ring and pinion

okay I'm sorry guys I really am an idiot. after drinking another monster I looked at it again and I see how its all held together. this staying up for 48 hours s*** sucks lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Get some sleep copper.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm about to. just finished painting a buddys wheels and flares and oil change. along with some errands to the outer reaches of Oklahoma City.

I'm going to eat this wonderful sandwich and drink this wonderful cream soda, and sleep in till 8 o'clock tomorrow night. see you guys!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Where do you find these nuts shallow enough to fit 2 of them on that short bit of thread? I was just gonna use loc-tite on it this time. Maybe a small tac weld if it won't interfere with anything.

Mike,
I wouldn't tack weld the nut on there man. What if you need to take it apart (heaven forbid) again and work on something else?
Maybe instead of welding it, take you a nice sharp center punch, make some prick dots on the face of the nut toward the inside diameter, downward toward the thread. That way if it needs to come off down the road (pun intended) it can still be removed.$.02

I was just gonna do a light tack in the wedge/keeper slot, and grind off with a tiny carbide bit if i needs removed. But the punch idea is good, I may try it. I just don't trust it to hold. I do know it's getting 9 tubes of loc-tite this time around.

A typical full floating hub has a double nut set up with a lock tab ring you bend over the outer nut. Don't forget proper preload has to be set with wheel bearings and your gonna want to really clean up that spindle until the new bearings slide on easy. Also were you low on gear lube or something? Or hasn't the gear lube been changed? Synthetic 75w-90 should be changed every 100k.

The keepers are tiny and they go in the slot go to dodge I think they are 6 bucks maybe and just buy one, I had to rebuild both hubs the other day on another truck and go get new keepers. They just tap in with a hammer, couple light taps and in it goes, when it needs to come out get a pair of side cutters and bite on to one side and pry against the hub and they pop right out.

I also said imo it's not a good design, I never Said it wouldn't work. I just would think with that Mike's situation probably happens more often then it should and could of been prevented with double nuts and a bent over tab ring. I'm not saying i know what is best, just stating I think it could of been designed better.

Back