What to do with stock lift pump

KingS

I'm getting ready to put my Fass on in the next week it is a Fass 95/90 45psi I am going to read the instructions today sometime but if it doesn't say in them what do I do about the stock lift pump ect.

I'm getting ready to put my Fass on in the next week it is a Fass 95/90 45psi I am going to read the instructions today sometime but if it doesn't say in them what do I do about the stock lift pump ect.

Good point...ill bring this up with Brad.

For the lift pump, go to any parts store and get a Small Block Chev (Or BBC) fuel pump block off plate and use that to seal up the void left by the stock pump.

Then you will need to cut the return line for the injectors that attaches at the top of the filter head and relocate it to the P-7100 return line back to the tank. All you should need is a tubing cutter, some fuel line, and a plastic vacuum "T", and some hose clamps. There is a rubber portion in the P-7100 return that you can tap into very easily.

well you need smaller line like 1/4"...whatever it takes to fit over the injector return line OD

If you decide to pull the stock stuff off lmk what you might want for it! I made the mistake of ditching my stock stuff when I put the fass on.

wish I know that 3 week ago. I had my original lift pump just sitting around and when I moved out of my house I sold, I tossed it away in the trash and it was fine. I thought it was bad so I bought a new one and come to find out I just dump that much fuel, and it can't keep up. But if I decide to get rid of it you have first chance. I will have my fass on this weekend or next for sure the drag strip here has its first test and tune on April 6, :woohoo: I should hit close to 12.0's but I'm hoping no less then 12.3 or so we will see.

how does it connect then I'm leaving my stock fuel filter on also.

I guess I need instruction on how the fass hooks up then since the instructions I have aren't going to tell me everything from what I'm seeing now Plus another question hows my truck going to be when starting when cool out since the fuel heater isn't able to be used now either. Thanks for help

Should not be an issue with the cold. You have to get really cold for the fuel to gel up. I would say if you run a good additive, you will be fine.

As for using your stock filter as well....you will need to get a different fitting as the DIPF-1002 is a M14x1.5 to -6 JIC. This is for the P-Pump. The fitting that your filter head takes is a M12x1.5 to -6 JIC. Our part number for this fitting is DIPF-1001. This would reduce the complication of install if you went this way.

Might check out the install instructions for the HPFP-ADJ-180-1011@45 PSI....that is basically what you are doing with a FASS when hooking up to the engine at least. Start at page 11.

Last edited:
I'm starting to get even more confused now I was thinking the Fass system when you buy it came with the stuff to hook it up and instructions now i'm starting to think this was a bad idea. Plus my truck won't start to well or run to good when cold out if the fuel heater isn't there I don't have glow plugs this is a dogde. So This is why I'm asking these question because the instructions I have are about useless now that I'm getting into this farther no wonder it say in the instruction to have a fass dealer put it on its because you have to purchase about 50 to 100 dollars more stuff on top of the 700 you already pay for the system. Sorry if I sound alittle upset it is because I am I'm just not as upset as I would normally be if I didn't get this system for cheap since Bruce won it at a drag strip for fastest ET all season. But come on There has to be a easier way to do this and describe how to do it. And sorry for the lack of punctuation I could care less right now. And I also don't like the idea of cutting my stock metal return line.

Last edited:
I think you are blowing things out of proportion and making it more of an issue than it really is...I have little to no mechanical savy and I managed to put mine on within 1 hour and a case of beer....surely someone with enough savy to build a "12 second" truck can install a fuel system...:bang

Guys don't get me wrong here I'm not mad at Fass.
I'm just frustrated is all I am mechanically incline and pretty much know how this hooks up, but frustrated in the fact that if I didn't get on here and ask this, and I hooked of the system with the instructions I have it wouldn't have worked right, because it says nothing about cutting your metal return line and I take this to be the line returning from the injectors and running it back to the fass pump which is 15 foot of 1/4 fuel hose I have to buy above the cost of the system, which makes no sense seeing how much the system cost to begin with when it is suppose to be the whole setup. Then you have to go by a block off plate for where the lift pump sits now, and then if you ever remove the Fass, you have to go buy a new return line because you just cut off the original. I Like the Fass system and how it works on truck and in no way bad mouthing there Product at all. Just throwing out my observations in the flaws with the instructions and essential that are missing is all. I don't mind paying for something even if its exspensive, if it has every thing with it that is why I got a Fass instead of buying a pusher pump by its self, then having to figure out what to buy to go with it to mount it to the truck and to hook it up to the pump ect. Now with this said and out of the way this is what I want.

I want to know what I need besides what came with the pump to complete hook up of the system and in detail. such as say for ex. 10 foot of 1/4 fuel hose. ect. Then I want detailed instructions in what I need to do to hook it up. Thanks

I think you are blowing things out of proportion and making it more of an issue than it really is...I have little to no mechanical savy and I managed to put mine on within 1 hour and a case of beer....surely someone with enough savy to build a "12 second" truck can install a fuel system...:bang

I can put the system on the problem is it doesn't have all the part you need and the instructions don't tell you that you need them either.

My instructions say nothing about the return line needing cut and a fuel hose bought to connect to it and stuff like this so how would I have know if I didn't ask. and If I wouldn't have asked about the lift pump and what to do with it since the Instructions say nothing about that either I would have put the system on and not have a clue why it wasn't working right because I followed the instructions.

and As for your comment about building a 12 second truck and can't put this on that is the whole point I did my truck my self even making my twin piping and exhaust with a welder and piece's of exhaust pipe from scratch but I can't figure out the instructions on this which to me means there is something wrong here then with the procedure's involved.

Last edited:
I can put the system on the problem is is doesn't have all the part you need and the instructions don't tell you that you need them either.

I think the lack of perfect instructions is pretty common in almost all aftermarket products. The people who write them make a set amount of assumptions that others unfamiliar with the product might not. I would call the dealer you bought the pump from or ask other 12 valve owners who've installed the same pump what/if anything extra they had to use, who knows, maybe they have leftover line they'll ship you. It sounds as if Dan has responded with the items that you will need...

yes he has I just want it clearified and I posted on the dodge comp. thread and asked what they did ect. and I'm not mad at you either I'm just frustrated is all I haven't got alot of money to use this time for this stuff do to I'm looking to build a new house and need my money put aside for that and then I get a Fass assuming that is all I needed to spend and nope more is all. Sorry to all but at the same time I'm sure you all understand to. I'm going to the autoparts store tomorrow afternoon after work to get my part to make my new hot pipe for my twins so I can put my s300 on and want to know all I needed to buy to complete the Fass install so I don't have to go back in the middle of the job.

Hey there guys as I now sit back and read this I really look like an ### I didn't quite get what Dan was saying to do till now thanks again Dan for the info I appreciate it I was thinking the return line had to run all the way back not just the short distance to the rubber line in the return line from the injection pump. Bad day today and should have read everything a couple time first but got it now.

About how long of a piece would you say is needed and I take it the hose size is 1/4 id. again Thanks and everyone that has read and endured reading this mess I again Apologize to you all.

Glad you got everything taken care of, you won't be disappointed in the system or the customer service after the sale...

Hey there guys as I now sit back and read this I really look like an ### I didn't quite get what Dan was saying to do till now thanks again Dan for the info I appreciate it I was thinking the return line had to run all the way back not just the short distance to the rubber line in the return line from the injection pump. Bad day today and should have read everything a couple time first but got it now.

About how long of a piece would you say is needed and I take it the hose size is 1/4 id. again Thanks and everyone that has read and endured reading this mess I again Apologize to you all.

I think the sizes are (3/16 Injector Return Line), (5/16 Injection Pump Return), and (3/8 Frame Rail Return) I got a 1/4"NPT Female T and put the 3 different size hose barb ends on the three different sides and just run your hose too each to try tie everything together. I'll try to post a pic up.

Brett

Back