Building a shop

625308509100059cae9eeb0ef1404803.jpg

dfa28fd9df8d2c33ab59a4156faa3fb0.jpg

Cabinets. Thanks to craigslist. Saved me a huge amount of time.

I'm glad you found some built. I'm telling you...unless you just love to woodwork....building cabinets gets not fun really fast. :D

Well it’s livable. First day back from our honeymoon I installed the up stairs toilet and vanity, then moved in our bed. Carpet was rolled out day before we left for our wedding.

First floor throne.
52241aaf1dff61603b7be62d76437dd6.jpg

Installed 4” exhaust on the dryer. Trying to catch all the lent from blowing on the vehicles. Need to run it through the wall and vent outside.
f85a7773619bcc0ec25e21d987fe68e6.jpg

f0dd7324265ee49abad376abc6014742.jpg

Loaded up rest of the pics to my computer already. Will take some pics of finished up stairs. Still need to complete 1st floor vanity and build pantry. Then flooring, and install granite counters to wrap things up.

I’m tired of plumbing.

Looking good! I tried the "vent the dryer in the garage" thing when I lived in town in Stillwater. Moisture will condense on everything in the winter when it is cold and rust the schidt out of it all. No Bueno. $.02

I plan too cut a hole for dryer and vent hood between the base angle and first girt. Being my building is two tone, I’ll only be replacing a small piece of tin down the road.

The bathroom exhaust fans however are just stubbed out between inner living area wall and building wall.

The bathroom exhaust fans however are just stubbed out between inner living area wall and building wall.

I wish I wouldn't have stubbed my bathroom vents outside. You made a wise choice. When the wind blows like hell around here, it sucks the one-way flapper in and out inside both of them and makes noise. I failed that deal.

I wish I wouldn't have stubbed my bathroom vents outside. You made a wise choice. When the wind blows like hell around here, it sucks the one-way flapper in and out inside both of them and makes noise. I failed that deal.

Dang, never thought about that happening. Wonder if same will happen to stove vent when I stub it out the wall?

We had a wind/thunderstorm here last week. Blew like crazy for 3 minutes, 60+ mph at least. My big 16x12 roll up door was sure moving. The wife said it looked like a giant belly gasping for air.
It moved in and out a good 4”, yet rated for 135mph winds.

Dang, never thought about that happening. Wonder if same will happen to stove vent when I stub it out the wall?

We had a wind/thunderstorm here last week. Blew like crazy for 3 minutes, 60+ mph at least. My big 16x12 roll up door was sure moving. The wife said it looked like a giant belly gasping for air.
It moved in and out a good 4”, yet rated for 135mph winds.

Seems like it needs a turn down or something on the end to keep the one-way flapper in the tube from banging around. Not sure what the best solution is...I just know both my bathrooms make racket when the wind blows hard. And the straight cut on top of my vent pipe sucks the water out of the toilet. I really should stick to electrical work. LOL

Speaking of garage doors. This is our 20' wide by 10' tall door in a storm a few years ago. I still can't believe it didn't explode in our faces.

YouTube

Yeah. Electrical was easier for me, though I have learned so much on the plumbing side. My finish carpentry skills have evolved to less hammer throwing. Next step is learn how to join and finish granite.

How does one “glue in” an under mount sink on granite?

Your YouTube link did not work sir. Said it was a duplicate video.

Lowe's sells granite adhesive,get this stuff, it will not let go without having to break the sink apart. I used it to set my quartz counter tops, within 5 minutes I could not pick them up anymore off the cabinet.

I will highly suggest you do any and all polishing outside before bringing anything inside. You only want to make the final seam inside. Cut it with a diamond blade and preferably water on the cut. I got THIS polisher from Amazon and it worked great for my house, and two others have used it for their places also and it is still chugging along.

Amazon also sells the two part epoxy and coloring to seam the tops together, as well as the Clamps to make sure that they are perfectly aligned.

Yeah. Electrical was easier for me, though I have learned so much on the plumbing side. My finish carpentry skills have evolved to less hammer throwing. Next step is learn how to join and finish granite.

How does one “glue in” an under mount sink on granite?

Your YouTube link did not work sir. Said it was a duplicate video.

I used 3M 5200 fast cure.
It's a marine adhesive that comes in a caulk gun tube.
The wife must have overloaded it and it broke free. Used the 5200 to repair it, sets fast and isnt going anywhere.

Lowe's sells granite adhesive,get this stuff, it will not let go without having to break the sink apart. I used it to set my quartz counter tops, within 5 minutes I could not pick them up anymore off the cabinet.

I will highly suggest you do any and all polishing outside before bringing anything inside. You only want to make the final seam inside. Cut it with a diamond blade and preferably water on the cut. I got THIS polisher from Amazon and it worked great for my house, and two others have used it for their places also and it is still chugging along.

Amazon also sells the two part epoxy and coloring to seam the tops together, as well as the Clamps to make sure that they are perfectly aligned.

This is exactly what I will do. Thank you sir. I’d rather try and fail at something three times, spend twice as much money, and learn from it. Than pay Juan and Pablo to slap it together.
Trying to limit the number of sub contractors that come in our home.

8356d3944869d588da552a4fc605f7ba.jpg

Knife holder.

ea804e57930660b2589d94f5c698a560.jpg

Vent hood installed and duct stubbed out the wall into shop.

e2974c5a6cb15264f2c3482b1483d213.jpg

Pantry and sliding shelves.

9f9f39b9332192102780e088116dffa6.jpg

Installed and full of crap.

Still working on this sucker.

cc69f43601ee20bbc536c686190689d2.jpg

Vanity almost finished. Faucets go in tomorrow.

16094cd772d5cdbe26be402019b884af.jpg

Stained some trim pieces and a couple drawers I built to add into existing lower cabinets.

Work has been very busy which I am most thankful for. Resulting in slow progress on living quarters. Spent a couple days getting these made and finished for customer Christmas gifts. Hired a friend from the church to help me get these out before Christmas. It was a thrash but we had fun. Made out of cedar fence pickets with 1/4” BC plywood for the sliding top.

2ce93ad07eec235e65f24892b7968c8c.jpg

12f1ca14c45b3a2a554d15bea4be6623.jpg

Bunch of other projects in between all of this, again, resulting in slow progress. Wife is on me about some finish flooring already.

Last edited:
Back