Fuse 51 blowing (turbo actuator/Mass air sensor)

Mazak

2010 ram with cummins blows fuse m51 immediately . This fuse is for mass air flow sensor and turbo actuator . I have swapped out the sensor with a another one and fuse still blows. The exhaust brake is not working either. How can I determine if actuator is working ? or any other ideas how to locate problem ? Truck runs fine.

Its a bad actuator. Unplug it and I bet your fuse won't blow.

Thanks !

Fuse did not blow. I am going to pull actuator to see if gear turns freely on turbo. If turbo is bad I may go with the fleece cheetah or BD screamer . Which one of these are preferred ?

The Actuator is shorted internally most likely. I have used both brand with good results. The ATS unit is pretty sweet as well. Just stay away from any brands that don't have NEW actuators. IMO money is better spend on a fixed geometry turbo, but you will lose your exhaust brake of course. And they will require tuning change.

The Actuator is shorted internally most likely. I have used both brand with good results. The ATS unit is pretty sweet as well. Just stay away from any brands that don't have NEW actuators. IMO money is better spend on a fixed geometry turbo, but you will lose your exhaust brake of course. And they will require tuning change.

Would it hurt to run the vehicle with an actuator not working ?

It is stuck open and runs fine at this time . The truck is deleted and its a 2010 , pre DEF of course.

Would it hurt to run the vehicle with an actuator not working ?

It is stuck open and runs fine at this time . The truck is deleted and its a 2010 , pre DEF of course.

I dont recommend Towing. But driving shouldnt hurt much. Its probably just laggy.

Back