Old ugly with 6.7.

RonA

Another video of startup from behind the truck. Truck only sat for 2 days and it was at the end of a warm day so there was less smoke on startup(still starts up fairly quick). I tried to show gauges at cruise and smoke level taking off cold. Pretty shakey video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdISru_4xQY&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdISru_4xQY&feature=plcp[/ame]

RonA

Last edited:
Watching that video will give you motion sickness. All it shows it 600deg cruise egt at 60mph and 5psi with 750deg egt up the grade at 10psi boost. The pickup with trailer was going about 40-45mph and the pass was made at about 1/2 throttle or so and saw 1000-1050 deg at about 90mph with about a 50/50 split on pressures(50 total with 26 from the primary). TC was unlocked the whole time.

That thing starts awesome Ron! Looks really easy and comfortable to drive too! Good work!

Those BB Garret's spool awesome! Do you run the cast wheels in them or billet?

Last edited:
Looks good Ron, on a side note does your truck have a current license plate sticker? It looks like the wrong color for 2013? :poke:

Last edited:
Just got tne new valve cover back from powder coat. I added 3 additional breathers and will put it on tomorrow after i do a final re-torque and valve adjust. Should have the second FASS and fuel sump installed by the end of the weekend. That will get my fuel pressure gausge working again so i can finally go over half throttle and see what kind of boost levels i am going to see and what's going to break next.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
What breather are you running?I put two in my valve cover and they leak like a son of a gun. also do they just set in rubber grommets?

Just got tne new valve cover back from powder coat. I added 3 additional breathers and will put it on tomorrow after i do a final re-torque and valve adjust. Should have the second FASS and fuel sump installed by the end of the weekend. That will get my fuel pressure gausge working again so i can finally go over half throttle and see what kind of boost levels i am going to see and what's going to break next.

Woah! it'll be white for no longer than a minute.

What breather are you running?I put two in my valve cover and they leak like a son of a gun. also do they just set in rubber grommets?

I spot faced the top where the grommet sits, milled the hole a bit undersized, and undercut the far side. They fit the holes pretty tight and I'm hoping they don't leak. If they do I'll thread mill the holes and make screw in breathers with o-rings.

I spot faced the top where the grommet sits, milled the hole a bit undersized, and undercut the far side. They fit the holes pretty tight and I'm hoping they don't leak. If they do I'll thread mill the holes and make screw in breathers with o-rings.

I'm so jealous of your capabilities.

I went over and put a 1/2 tank of fuel in it and tried it out after my 3rd re-torque with no movement, valve adjust, and 50psi of fuel pressure. Holy guacamole this things different. Spools up like towing twins compared to the way the same chargers did on the 5.9. Rolling into it in second without locking the converter breaks loose horribly. Third does the same, as does overdrive. Heck, I may not even need a locking converter any more. What's funny is that instead of breaking loose at the hp peak, it does it 300-400 rpm earlier. I need to put on the overalls and straw hat, put about 10 sacks of steer manure and a bale of hay in the bed, and go out looking for muscle cars. Absolutely the stupidest waste of money and time i was ever associated with, but it runs bloody good.

I went over and put a 1/2 tank of fuel in it and tried it out after my 3rd re-torque with no movement, valve adjust, and 50psi of fuel pressure. Holy guacamole this things different. Spools up like towing twins compared to the way the same chargers did on the 5.9. Rolling into it in second without locking the converter breaks loose horribly. Third does the same, as does overdrive. Heck, I may not even need a locking converter any more. What's funny is that instead of breaking loose at the hp peak, it does it 300-400 rpm earlier. I need to put on the overalls and straw hat, put about 10 sacks of steer manure and a bale of hay in the bed, and go out looking for muscle cars. Absolutely the stupidest waste of money and time i was ever associated with, but it runs bloody good.

Such an awesome post! :clap:LOL

Back