My Double DIN in 1996 Dodge (Pics)

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
After telling many people I would post these, I got busy as hell. Sorry for the delay.

I do 99% of truck stuff myself, but there are some things that I don't mess with ( or are outside my skill set), so I called up my buddy Terry at Monster Customs in Atlanta. They are one of the best shops in the Southeast, with more than a couple SEMA builds under their belt, in addition to doing demo cars for companies like Mmats, Audison/Hertz, etc. They have done installs for me in the past, and their attention to detail the best I've seen. I told them I had never seen a double-din in an early 2nd gen that looked good (neither had they), so they were eager to give it a shot.
The truck sees a lot of action from the jobsite, to the pulling track, to the backwoods, so the install had to be sturdy. They understood, and drew up a "cage" made of MDF/Aluminum that would house the head unit behind the dash, with angle bracing that ran back to the body of the truck and attached using shock dampening isolators.
I got rid of the ashtray and cig lighter, and I think it turned out nicely. I will have some more pics up later. This is just to give you an idea of how it looks in that model truck.
947031de6761858c2aba51c055215036.jpg
dba2cb5769fd64c92bceb1791239a9e6.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they did a good job!!! As a former installer I know it takes a lot of skill and work behind the scenes to make something that should fit look like it belongs there!

Back