Chump Truck World Series

I think your ECU is worth more than the Chump Truck is allowed to cost...

But anyway, a friend of mine has been running D12 for 2 seasons in Finnish National Series, with stock ECU, lot's of hacking and still not working like they want but about 1000 hp now.

Well if you had the option for overhauling your old 12L engine or get a D13A engine from a sponsor and use your budged mend for the engine overhaul and use it for an aftermarket ECU what should you do? Hacking into a OEM ECU, I think it’s a waste of time to find some RPM and torque and no ability to step things up with turbo RPM control combined with boost control so you can run more RPM with a smaller turbocharger maintaining the same Hp to the red line by reducing boost pressure as you ability to suck air in is restricted by a intake restrictor any way.

Mean while hope to get this truck on the track.

Well if you had the option for overhauling your old 12L engine or get a D13A engine from a sponsor and use your budged mend for the engine overhaul and use it for an aftermarket ECU what should you do? Hacking into a OEM ECU, I think it’s a waste of time to find some RPM and torque and no ability to step things up with turbo RPM control combined with boost control so you can run more RPM with a smaller turbocharger maintaining the same Hp to the red line by reducing boost pressure as you ability to suck air in is restricted by a intake restrictor any way.

Mean while hope to get this truck on the track.

Yes, I understand, but I think it's interesting to study and reverse engineer stock ECUs, that way we can tune road trucks better. We don't have intake restrictors.

D13 is already done by Renault Racing/Mario Kreiss.

Yes, I understand, but I think it's interesting to study and reverse engineer stock ECUs, that way we can tune road trucks better. We don't have intake restrictors.

D13 is already done by Renault Racing/Mario Kreiss.

Do you still need the XPI injectors or just looking for information again?

Yes I know about Renault.

Last edited:
Yes, or tips only if available from Scania or Cummins. For a reasonable price.

Well than I think your better ask Scania or Cummins and stop asking me information as I cannot give you any, but yes we can deliver bigger injectors but they come at a price.:doh:

Well than I think your better ask Scania or Cummins and stop asking me information as I cannot give you any, but yes we can deliver bigger injectors but they come at a price.:doh:
I can too let them be made in Italy or China, I was just asking if there are any stock part numbers available.

I can too let them be made in Italy or China, I was just asking if there are any stock part numbers available.

Exactly and that’s why Bosch and Delphi spend a fortune one quality control and new development…………! :badidea: Made in copy town.

Exactly and that’s why Bosch and Delphi spend a fortune one quality control and new development…………! :badidea: Made in copy town.

BS, everything is made in China these days, that's why even OEM quality is quite bad. And if parts that I want are not available why not let someone independent make them? Lot's of Italy stuff in dutch pulling engines also.

BS, everything is made in China these days, that's why even OEM quality is quite bad. And if parts that I want are not available why not let someone independent make them? Lot's of Italy stuff in dutch pulling engines also.

Well yes Leiffi and we run low pressure injectors from Italy for 2 years as well and I must say they did well BUT we took 20 nozzle and took the ones that where as close in fuel volume so we did get a 10 nozzle out of them than we start on static opening pressure and after we had done that start playing with dynamic fuel pressure by restricting needle lift. The whole event took about 16 hours to complete and we had the difference between injectors just inside original specification and get an EGT difference of about 50C centigrade max.

Now we take a OEM BOSCH hi pressure nozzle with specification needed (18% smaller than the low pressure ones) and just put them in and OEM injector and test them on the PDE cambox and all are in max 0,03% offset in volume produced and the same goes for injection pressure and we sometimes get zero EGT difference and a max of 15C centigrade we seen so far.

So I ask my self how many people will spend that a amount of time of matching aftermarket injector nozzle from china and Italy? Close to none I would think?

Well the thing in Dutch pulling land still is the more the better and get the fuel in faster so the fine line between quality and quantity, who cares? I only get about 0,9cc out of my PDE injector over a 150 degree crank rotation so I end up able to use 0,66cc per injection and not 1.6cc so I need a bit more quality.

Leiffi bosch has a lot more to offer but the are two problems you need to overcome. A how to get the part numbers of the nozzle you want and B the lead time on parts as some models are only produced ones a year or longer so you need to allocate or locate stock all over the globe to get what you need.

Do we sometimes order injector part in Italy, yes we do but never use it for commercial only to test something.

We know of customers from China ordering injectors in Europe. Makes cense dos it? So lucky us not al is made in China. :blahblah1:

Back