EVIC double chime "Service Engine See Dealer Now" message

zstroken

For $$$ your name here
Truck doesn't lose power, pops up message only when towing. Repeatedly goes turns on about every 20 minutes or so. When you scroll through the overhead after it chimes, it will say "system OK"

Truck is an 08 6.7 delete, with automatic.

Thoughts?

This is a problem that EFI is working on I have a customer that has the same problem with the chime only while towing. I have a new update that is supposed to only go off every 6 hours not every 20 minutes. I'm going to install the new update this week so will see how it does.

Fat fingered from my phone

This is a problem that EFI is working on I have a customer that has the same problem with the chime only while towing. I have a new update that is supposed to only go off every 6 hours not every 20 minutes. I'm going to install the new update this week so will see how it does.

Fat fingered from my phone

Yes, I am waiting on the new update, was just curious of others having this issue. I may have missed the discussion on this.

The conditions described by the OP are similar to the issue we've had reported, with the only difference being in our experience the message and chime engage at 10 minute intervals not 20 minutes, and only then at highway speeds.

We have created an interim fix, all we've done is extend the chime reminder timer out from every 10 minutes to 360 mins (max). The chime will still trigger once at highway speeds, or, the if the Cruise Control is set, but then won't sound again until the truck is restarted.

Please understand this isn't our final solution and we are still continuing to work on a total silence solution, this however should make DPF deletes a little more tolerable.

If tests come back positive this will form part of our next software release while we continue to work on a more permanent solution.

If you require this fix before our next software release, all of our beta testers have access to this, so if they are your tuner it may be possible for them to modify your existing tune.

Cheers
Cindy

The conditions described by the OP are similar to the issue we've had reported, with the only difference being in our experience the message and chime engage at 10 minute intervals not 20 minutes, and only then at highway speeds.

We have created an interim fix, all we've done is extend the chime reminder timer out from every 10 minutes to 360 mins (max). The chime will still trigger once at highway speeds, or, the if the Cruise Control is set, but then won't sound again until the truck is restarted.

Please understand this isn't our final solution and we are still continuing to work on a total silence solution, this however should make DPF deletes a little more tolerable.

If tests come back positive this will form part of our next software release while we continue to work on a more permanent solution.

If you require this fix before our next software release, all of our beta testers have access to this, so if they are your tuner it may be possible for them to modify your existing tune.

Cheers
Cindy

It could be 10 minutes LOL. Any difference if the simulated plugs are in place of the sensors?

Last edited:
Back