NEBRASKA to CALIFORNIA!

Mark Nixon

No Savior among the flesh
Heading to California by way of Denver, then Salt Lake City, Sacramento, Antioch, Fresno and Barstow.
Have some room for heavy/bulky items going out.

The return trip is up in the air, may short cut it and come back by way of I-40 to OKC, then up home, or possibly shoot I-8 or I-10 to southern Texas (Houston area).

Leaving here on Saturday evening-Sunday morning, to be in Denver Sunday mid-day.

Look at my For Sale ads for parts you might want, hit me up here, PM me, or Call me at 402-780-5127.

How come you don't go the 44 rout through Flagstaff AZ? it will take you straight to Barstow.

I've got an ex-wife that needs a ride from Modesto back to here (the very north-west corner of Missouri), but there's no way I could afford the bill you'd charge me after having to listen to her for 20 some hours on the way back!! lmao!!

How come you don't go the 44 rout through Flagstaff AZ? it will take you straight to Barstow.

Because I have a load of cylinder heads and blocks that is the 2nd stop on my trip, then I need to pick up an '06 Quad Cab, 4X4 dually parts truck in Antioch.
The big money part (and the most weight lost) of the trip is the first and second Utah stops.

I've got an ex-wife that needs a ride from Modesto back to here (the very north-west corner of Missouri), but there's no way I could afford the bill you'd charge me after having to listen to her for 20 some hours on the way back!! lmao!!

Well, you're thinking positive in the idea that it'd only take me 20 hours to get back to Missouri from Modesto! :D
If she's good on a computer and doesn't mind hitting junkyards, it might be a long journey home. LOL
Some people say I can out-talk a woman, so maybe it'd be HER who would be wanting to go bat crazy! :hehe:

I'm halfway serious on this. :cool: ;)

Mark.

lmao Knowing her I'm thinking you'd be the one ready to get her the heck out of your truck by the time you get all the way back here with her! She a super nice girl, just extremely talkative! lol Sorry I'll quit mucking up your thread now. She's on me everyday about coming out to pick her up but she'll just have to wait until I finish planting season or something..

BBT, since you keep insisting she's a talker, I'm up to a challenge of wills, anything for a different (hopefully positive) experience. ;)
Just think, if she did a ride-along with me, she will have been thousands of miles and multiple different places, which means MORE TO TALK ABOUT!!! LOL

Don't worry about messing my thread this way, it lets me know who people are and how they think, which is not a bad thing, IMO. :cool:

Mark.

If you head from around here to Houston.....I need a seat delivered. ;)
Give me a call, or PM me details.

Mark does talk a lot. Hahaha

That's enuff from you! :hehe:
Your prices just doubled! LOL
No, I won't do that to you, Spence. I'll just talk your ear off instead.:blahblah1:

This trip is proving to be a PITA to get loaded!
I have 3 1st gen dually beds to deliver to Barstow, but since my trailer is open centered, I had to place the pallets the heads are on in a certain way, now my beds are going to be tricky to put on, since they take up so much space.

Mark.

Looks like I am going to leave a day later than planned, this one man show is slow going with, well, 1 man. :D

Got the majority of the "Big N' Heavy" stuff loaded, still have 3 or 4 heads to load and 2 cranks, along with a "foot locker" of turbo cores (all oem) and a butt load of CR injector cores.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose. :lolly:

Mark.

IDLED!!! :doh:
We've gotten ~ 3" of rain in the last 24 hours!
The ground is SOAKED and I can't move the trailer on grass/mud to the road, so I'm here for another day or 2.
Unless it rains some more. :(

Mark.

Your "On the road" report.

Sitting idle in Orem, Utah.
Got to meet up with Spencer, aka; YOUNG GUNS15, in fact, I'm about a block from his dorm room.

I managed to hit a yard and score some nice items, not the least of which was an NV4500 bell and fork, along with several sets of pedals for 2nd gens.
Also nailed down a really respectable 1st gen Ram's Head. :cool:

Monday morning will find me at Industrial Injection dropping off more cores, then maybe scavenge a yard or 2. Maybe not.

If anyone in the area wants to come hang out, take in lunch, or dinner, feel free to hit me up.
Right now I am FRAZZLED and just finishing up laundry. :hehe:

Nap time is in the works. :D

Mark.

Marks busted up rig. Haha

7a2ehuse.jpg

Dang mark got her loaded down! See you soon
Hopefully sooner rather than later!
In the pic, it's not nearly as loaded as it WAS.
A bunch of heads, 3 5.9 shortblocks, 1 bare block, several sets of 12/24 valve rods, a few oil cooler covers and some timing cases, were left in Richfield, UT.

Loveland Pass, Vail Pass and Hoover tunnel were achieved at a whopping 20mph over their Summits. Knock on wood, I'm really impressed that the auto has held up this long and it's STILL giving her hell.

Oh yeah, I have nearly every part for a 5 speed conversion, EXCEPT a transmission, should the auto bite the big one.

Mark.

Back