Shopping trip

Don't take that to heart. You'll like yours if you aren't in a hurry. Im comparing it to a 30hp Fadal so take that into consideration.

I've run a knee mill for 20 years and have a 30x60 Tree at my fingertips. There are plenty of jobs where it just isn't worth screwing with the VMC, and there are lots of times where the VMC is tied up with another job and the knee mill comes to the rescue.

The VMC is definitely the cats ass when the job justifies it though.

I've run a knee mill for 20 years and have a 30x60 Tree at my fingertips. There are plenty of jobs where it just isn't worth screwing with the VMC, and there are lots of times where the VMC is tied up with another job and the knee mill comes to the rescue.

The VMC is definitely the cats ass when the job justifies it though.

No doubt my man. I want a larger tree knee mill for odd work. My comments were more towards the bridgeport brand. They are much lighter than people realize. My clapped out old bridgeport is pretty well retired to bolt removal duty and something for people to play with the handles on while they talk. LOL

No doubt my man. I want a larger tree knee mill for odd work. My comments were more towards the bridgeport brand. They are much lighter than people realize. My clapped out old bridgeport is pretty well retired to bolt removal duty and something for people to play with the handles on while they talk. LOL

Honestly, I don't know that I've ever run a Bridgeport. A 9x49 Enco is what I learned on and have always run. I've looked at Bridgeports, but never got hooked on the hype behind the brand name. I passed up a series 2 to buy this Acer.

Honestly, I don't know that I've ever run a Bridgeport. A 9x49 Enco is what I learned on and have always run. I've looked at Bridgeports, but never got hooked on the hype behind the brand name. I passed up a series 2 to buy this Acer.

Smart man. Quite honestly they are light machines compared to most imports. Mechanically they are great but so are most of the clones that were imported.

If you ever get a chance to crank the handles on an old shizuoka knee mill, don't pass it up.

Back