Shop doors

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Building a 40X60....what size doors are the most economical? I will be bringing in mowers,tractors,skid steers,7X20 trailers,diesel pickups....not sure what is a safe size to go with. Or the most economical.

It will be a wood frame shop with metal skin on the outside.

I went with 12x12 sectional, not roll up. The sectional doors take up room over head, but are way more durable, seal better and less noise during windy days.

I am going 10x12 roll up. I dont get much wind here. Have 10the roll ups at my lab and all seal fine. 1 is noisy when itt is windy.

Aircraft doors are good only if you absolutely need them like for combines or large akward size equipment. They are slow, dont seal well and in winter your opening up the whole side of the shop just to get something in and out. Bye bye heat

any recommendations for roll ups? I am looking at 10x10 or 10x12, need a roll up so it doesn't hit the car if I have one on the lift.

We went with 12x12 Daltons. They are their commercial series and are R16 rated. The only down side to sectional doors is the lost overhead room when the door is open, but you just have to close it after you get through. We can get tractor trailers, and other large equipment through pretty easy.

I've got a 20'x10' Clopay metal insulated door. It has help up pretty well. I went with the vertical lift. I like the fact that it goes straight up and not out and over the truck. I got lost of room though.

Best pic I could find quick.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01513.jpg
    DSC01513.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
How much should a 12x12 cost installed with no insulation & manual operated? I've called around and left messages with several companies....nobody has called back in a week!

Back