Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > SDX
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #41
Nootch

Name: Nootch
Title: nosprkreqrd
Member`s Gallery
the 12v's would still run

Spark plugs are for those who can't handle the pressure

Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #42
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Thought about that, maybe the computer would kill power to the solenoid and any electric fuel pump?

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #43
dieselpolaris

Name: dieselpolaris
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I shouldn't of said select group there are lots of idiots that's for sure lol. Just seems to suck when a lot of us are there to see the best of the best compete in something we love doing. I don't have a solution for everything but I do know that it isn't going to get better unless the hammer comes down and people start to have real consequences.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:50 PM   #44
Nootch

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9724VF350 View Post
Thought about that, maybe the computer would kill power to the solenoid and any electric fuel pump?
As my understanding goes (could be wrong), but EMP's are hard on complex low volt low amp circuits found in computers. Things like alternators, starters and such are generally safe. anything older than say 84 might make it through. the 12v engine i don't think has fine electronic control, all 12v switches and relays.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #45
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
Not to change the subject but I noticed in the results that some 2.6 trucks that pulled in the night show were not in the qualifiers. Was there a change this year? Just a few I noticed were Josh Land, Adam Haillien, and Rob Wright.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #46
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post
Not to change the subject but I noticed in the results that some 2.6 trucks that pulled in the night show were not in the qualifiers. Was there a change this year? Just a few I noticed were Josh Land, Adam Haillien, and Rob Wright.
If you were in the top(10?) for the ppl east series, you didn't have to qualify. In previous years some of the folks didn't make the finals who were competing for top points positions, and missing the evening show really hurt their standings. Not sure if what happens now is completely fair, however I see the issue with how it was as well.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Last edited by zstroken; 08-24-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #47
Red_Rattler

Name: Red_Rattler
Title: High Tech Redneck
Member`s Gallery
Icing on the cake... A few people have said a kid fell out of the back of a truck and may or may not have died. Couldnt find any news reports about it yet though but they was 260 some tickets and arrests made this year

95 2500 4x4 Ext Cab Handshaker "BUCKN' BADGER"

Ducky Fuel Injection

Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #48
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rattler View Post
Icing on the cake... A few people have said a kid fell out of the back of a truck and may or may not have died. Couldnt find any news reports about it yet though but they was 260 some tickets and arrests made this year
I had seen an article about the arrests
2014:267
2013:548
2012:755

Seems like a declining trend, maybe the police just gave up?

Old 08-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #49
Nootch

Member`s Gallery
these days the police giving up... haha

Old 08-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #50
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
I really think it gets less crazy every year. I know people are still dumb but overall I think the idiots are weeded out somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #51
Nootch

Member`s Gallery
Idiots grow up. become less of idiots.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #52
gearhart73

Name: gearhart73
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
If you were in the top(10?) for the ppl east series, you didn't have to qualify. In previous years some of the folks didn't make the finals who were competing for top points positions, and missing the evening show really hurt their standings. Not sure if what happens now is completely fair, however I see the issue with how it was as well.
Yes the top 10 trucks that had made all of the hooks in the Midwest Region were pre qualified for this years event. Two years ago they only took 12 trucks total on Friday night so this year even with the 10 already in they took 16 more. I was one of those 10 and I don't see it as unfair given the commitment that we all made to run the series. Look at the trucks that were prequalified though. They made up 6 of the top 7 spots on Friday night.

SSD4x4 Cream of the Crop

Old 08-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #53
JL Builders

Name: JL Builders
Title: On a quest for more power
Member`s Gallery
Found this one

After sdx it's the worlds largest parking lot par…:

Old 08-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #54
livetohit76

Name: livetohit76
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
We pulled in to the pits about 5, figured they were going to cancel the pulls but couldnt get a definite answer on if they were going to try and scrape the track or try it again sunday. Decided to head out and noticed the slip n slides, and whatnot at the beginning. As its already been said once the side by sides started going in the pickups followed, it was all downhill from there. Our group is guilty for staying a while and watching the crazys though, finally got to talk to a blue shirt from scheids and he acted like it was the ppl that couldnt make things up sunday.
97 zf5 ton reg cab single wheel

Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #55
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhart73 View Post
Yes the top 10 trucks that had made all of the hooks in the Midwest Region were pre qualified for this years event. Two years ago they only took 12 trucks total on Friday night so this year even with the 10 already in they took 16 more. I was one of those 10 and I don't see it as unfair given the commitment that we all made to run the series. Look at the trucks that were prequalified though. They made up 6 of the top 7 spots on Friday night.
I understand, the only thing I could see is still requiring a hook and perhaps an adder(if you qualify in the top 20 you make the tonight show) If you don't then you don't.

As I said it is kind of unfair to someone who just wants to run the scheid event. However I see the reason why the rule is put in place. I think everyone has learned in pulling that the pull order is always part of the variable to a win.

It is a good rule, just might need some tweaking.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:07 AM   #56
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
I had a great time, other than the issues we had with the truck. Got lucky and headed out just before the rain started. Sounds like it turned into a nightmare.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #57
bosshogg

Name: bosshogg
Title: Running with the best...
Member`s Gallery
The arrest numbers dont lie. This was my 3rd time going, 2nd time camping, and I thought it was pretty tame compared to the last time. We got a good spot camping that was away from the oralers, but we could walk to the party and watch the douchbaggery take place if we wanted. Went to show-me's saturday night and traffic was pretty calm and the restaurants/bars didnt seem to be overloaded. There was a bit of a burnout contest going on at the super 8 on our way back though. Aside from the humidity you could cut with a knife until it rained, I really enjoyed myself.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #58
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
People need to get the phuck over it. If it rains your not getting a refund. Just like Scheid doesn't get their rental fee back on the ground or the huge amount of money it takes to have PPL run the pulls. With that big money they invest brings all of us the opportunity to see one of the biggest freaking shows out their. So if your ass is so tight on money where that $60 ruins your life cause you didn't see the trucks go down the track. Keep your stupid asses at home. It's a risk from start to finish for everyone when mother nature is around.
And the oralers are morons but aren't going anywhere. So again, if you don't like it, don't come you damn babies. I hate to see the bs but I stay away from it and let the cops do their jobs. Why the phuck do you cry babies think *****ing year after year is going to stop it? "This is why I don't go" or "this is why I'm not gonna go" GOOD keep your stupid asses at home and sit and wish you were enjoying the bad ass show that is put on every year. Yes there was big partying but I thought it was under much better control... UNTIL the big rain. Then idiots will be idiots. If the rain hadn't happened I think it was the best event they have had yet. Then you pusssies wouldn't be crying over losing your $60. Rant over

Had a great time. Enjoy seeing all of my friends and hanging out. Rough day with the truck but thats the name of the game.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 08-25-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #59
hopesanddreams

Name: hopesanddreams
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
In years past, weren't competitors the only ones allowed to have campers?

Old 08-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #60
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
The arrest numbers dont lie. This was my 3rd time going, 2nd time camping, and I thought it was pretty tame compared to the last time. We got a good spot camping that was away from the oralers, but we could walk to the party and watch the douchbaggery take place if we wanted. Went to show-me's saturday night and traffic was pretty calm and the restaurants/bars didnt seem to be overloaded. There was a bit of a burnout contest going on at the super 8 on our way back though. Aside from the humidity you could cut with a knife until it rained, I really enjoyed myself.
I camped beside the show and shine and agree 100% it was a great time. Really tame. That humidity sucked though. Hottest I have been all year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Closed Thread