6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

Rightttt.

God forbid any chassis builder sees your bliss.

Get it done darling ;)

put your pipe down and take your meds....

I mean if you can’t understand basic concepts like wishbones and heim joints you don’t have the slightest bit of any information to give me about my chassis, and if you think my chassis is terrible why are you in my thread??

5+ years ago this truck was parked in the barn because I had blown the head gasket. To say the re-build list has got outta hand is an understatement... was a good moment to roll it back out for the first time, and after seeing the chromoly in the sun i don’t want to paint it!

zvmEanm.jpg

UeNntm8.jpg

back to work!
BIRFIpu.jpg

I read the response earlier this week about the heim joint and didn't get to swing back to it.
I asked because it does make sense for a joint expecting lateral force to be oriented so that the bearing and not the swage to handle the load. It's just a departure from the off road or mini truck applications where vertical travel is of much more concern. As long as the joint is inside its designed misalignment envolope, it won't matter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I read the response earlier this week about the heim joint and didn't get to swing back to it.
I asked because it does make sense for a joint expecting lateral force to be oriented so that the bearing and not the swage to handle the load. It's just a departure from the off road or mini truck applications where vertical travel is of much more concern. As long as the joint is inside its designed misalignment envolope, it won't matter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

exactly, one can easily assume by the pictures that this is a drag truck and has a very limited amount of suspension travel. the axle side of the wishbone has high misalignment heim joints, and there is no bind at the chassis side.

in the history of every drag racing chassis i have ever seen with a wishbone i have never seen vertical heims... there’s a reason, the heims will not last...

You are far beyond me having anything to add to your build but I just had to say that this is AWESOME. I love that you pulled the engine back to get the ride height you were after and the fab work is next level. I look forward to seeing it on the track.

:clap::Cheer::pop:

You are far beyond me having anything to add to your build but I just had to say that this is AWESOME. I love that you pulled the engine back to get the ride height you were after and the fab work is next level. I look forward to seeing it on the track.

:clap::Cheer::pop:

thanks man! it doesn’t have to be low to go fast but it should help, it was mainly moved back to reach a 60/40 weight bias or better.

That truck is going to turn out bad to the bone, hit me up when she's done I'll make a trip down to check it out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

well the fiberglass finally showed up from joe. everything looks great and i would recommend it to anyone with a 2nd gen. also scaled the truck and did a little brainstorming with JP on weights and where it should end up.

rgvVDkQ.jpg

yd9BlMW.jpg

0sYKhCR.jpg

BZDtgZp.jpg

L207av6.jpg

Back