Show me your 20" Wheels and tires on a 3rd Gen!

I am finally getting around to making a purchase! heh

These are the potential wheels

m19_8_chrome3.jpg

And the Nitto 420s.

Wheelfire is a little expensive for the tire.

These are the wheels I had wanted for a long time, went a different way but damn they are nice..

Stay away from Wheelfire. I pimped them before my shipment showed up. They sent me blem wheels so I would proceed with caution. One rim showed up with over 21oz of weight to balance it out. Royally phucked could be a term you could say.

Luckily, a tire shop was able to balance them out decently and even scratched one (never thought I could be happy about that) and so I have one round and 3 blems that are balanced as well as they can be. I also went with the Proxes STII tires...very awesome tires.

Last edited:
Finally. Installed. I'm not to fond of the offset.. My first real set of aftermarket wheels for anything really. So wasn't 100% sure what I was getting into. But, they'll do. The stock wheel with 285's at full lock got closer to the 4 link (1" clearance) then these do (2"). I'll keep em' for a while and sell them maybe in the future. I supposes they'd work well with big off road tires with this offset.

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

Measured the tread depth on my old tires.. just a little more then 1/4" left. that said, the truck sits no lower then before due to that tread ware. heh. May explain why my speedo is off by 3 mph too.... hmmm.. hehehe.

Last edited:
The only thing I do not like about 20's or larger wheel is loosing the sidewall which kills the ride.While I do realize that they are trucks and should not ride like a car,I am not impressed with the ride of the wheel/tire combo on my 05 at all.I am about due some new sneakers so before I give up I am going to try a different set of them and then if I have to I will slide mine down a few sizes wheel wise and try some 18's instead.

Back