Pike's peak big rig racer Mike Ryan & Gale Banks turbo

Well blowing into a turbocharger will lower the pressure between the blower and turbocharger air intake ones the turbocharger swallows more air in so I think it only pull a lot of power from the engine when the turbocharger is not up to speed.

Tomorrow will be working a European Volvo race truck with a D13A engine and the customer want to start with a Garrett turbo from a V8 16L R series Scania (Ok crappie turbo) and looking forward how this will spool and take the data how to go from there.

It takes hundreds of HP to spin that screw at max flow.

If there is a restriction. If it flows 30L/min at 3500rpm and the turbo starts sucking 20L/min, then the turbo is only pushing 10L as a restriction making it not use as much hp.

I waded through the first couple hours of babble and bikes into the prototype 2wds and gave up. REALLY boring to watch IMO. :(

Yeah, they still have a ways to go on the switching cameras live streaming stuff. I know Mike cut off a few seconds off his best in a practice section, but I think by the time he ran, rain and sleet had moved in. So, no fast time.

OK, checked Whipple website, that screw flows much more than the turbo they are using but still I don't understand why? It takes hundreds of HP to spin that screw at max flow.

You make it sound as if turbos are free energy.

Well blowing into a turbocharger will lower the pressure between the blower and turbocharger air intake ones the turbocharger swallows more air in so I think it only pull a lot of power from the engine when the turbocharger is not up to speed.

Tomorrow will be working a European Volvo race truck with a D13A engine and the customer want to start with a Garrett turbo from a V8 16L R series Scania (Ok crappie turbo) and looking forward how this will spool and take the data how to go from there.

I want your job.

Other than at the line, spool up shouldn't be much of an issue. They're running powershift transmissions in those trucks, so nearly zero time between shifts. I dunno... Gale Banks definitely knows HP better than anyone else in the world... :blahblah1:

Back