Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel

has anyone heard of anyone figuring out how to shut down the emissions on these new trucks. im debating trading the wifes Tahoe off on one. but if I cant do the deletes I don't want it. im sure some of you feel the same.

Not really. If it get mid 20's, why would you want to mess with it? At least while it's under warranty. It's a little different on trucks getting 10-12 mpg with solid engines we've dealt with. But on an engine I know very little about, if leave it alone.

Well really didn't think about this being a new engine to us. I understand where you come from on that. I just know how us diesel guys are hell if it runs this. Good. What will this and this do haha. But I am on a list here for them to call me when they get one in. So we will we what happens. And what kind of deal they will give me on my wifes tahoe.

Saw one in person for the first time tonight. So quiet. He turned away from & I couldn't even hear it when he accelerated away. I like it!

Real living proof of a regular cab. Was a slt or a tradesman, cant remember.
uploadfromtaptalk1406333386087.jpg

Last edited:
We'll I took the plunge. Got one ordered & cool thing is that because they are selling every one that they can build and also because they are around 8 weeks or so out on orders I didn't have to lay any money down...yet. Build date is supposedly 7/30. Gonna be my work truck (oilfield service/pumper) so it is a QCSB tradesman. Kept it pretty basic to keep the cost down & for durability out in the field. I did opt for a few things though ram-boxes,alum wheels,skid plates,block heater,limited slip,cloth seats & fancy radio/bluetoof. Oh, and the Black Gold paint...had to have that. Haha! You can option them just about any way you want, you just have to be willing to put in the time when "building" it and figure out the sequence that will work/makes computer happy. It will piss you off. For instance, you can option for the ram-box at any trim level but you have to click on that box first & it is down towards the bottom of that build page. Also the computer will start pulling options (based on weight I believe) as you go along so you have to find and option for the bigger and heavier items you really want first and then backtrack for the little bells & whistles it will let you have...Ram's build page is kinda bass awards IMO. I showed a local Dodge/Ram dealer that trick when they told me I couldn't have a tradesman with the ram-boxes..was kinda fun to see that "eureka!" moment. That being said there are a few little weird things you will find you can't get with this option or that. I couldn't get the 3.92 gears or the on/off road tires with my build. But I figure with an 8spd tranny surely 3.55's will do and the the factory tires won't do me much good out here anyway. Gettin' exited!

Sorry, was doin the fam thing here this weekend & unplugged for a bit. Dealer quoted me a price of around $42k before any incentives, rebates etc... They said they could probably go $38ish k which is where truecar.com placed the price for a good deal. Prt cool site there. I really think a stripped down RCLB could be had for around $30k. I saw one for sale online in PA for $29-$30k and it was a crew cab tradesman..my dealer assured me it was to good to be true lol.

Real living proof of a regular cab. Was a slt or a tradesman, cant remember.
View attachment 52182

RCLB yes, RCSB no
I'd own a RCSB if they sold one.

Pretty sure it has to be at least SLT. I couldn't keep one under 40k unless it was single cab with no extras.

The Ecodiesel can be ordered with a work truck. On the Ram website, I can build a RCLB tradesman with an MSRP of $31k and change.

Yeah, just posted it up cause there was doubt when these first came out that it wouldn't be offered in anything but a loaded out crew cab. The rcsb would be a nice fuel saver though.

Just got done driving one. It was a Laramie Crew cab. The power is all there 56k. I couldn't swing that though so I'm going after a tradesman with the goodies. I'm. Looking around 37k. So we will find out Monday what happens. Whats the best prices. You guys have got them down too

Last edited:
Wow David Stanley dodge in okc are a bunch of scam artists. Wouldn't even tell me what I was getting for my trade or what I was giving for the truck. So I walked out. Just waiting for Monday now with the other dealer ships.

Picked it up today.

090D166B-F058-4035-B78C-FC01B01F6587_zps14vwcadd.jpg

On the way home cruise set at 65.

A8F34319-41CE-4EB3-98A3-B7361A6A5CC3_zpsy8gyh5tw.jpg

Great truck!!! Thoroughly happy with it.

I now have two complete polar opposite diesels.

One that ear plugs are a good idea if you are driving for any periods of time and another that the only way you know it's running is when you're moving.

Last edited:
Back