South Bend Sucks

Ok, Children, lets sit down and let daddy tell you a little story............

So the year is 2004, I buy a 99 P-Pumped 24v that runs pretty good. Dynoed 600HP, it has a SBC CON OFE installed by the Origional Owner, 30K miles on it, then I get the freat idea that I want to pull with it.....Needless to say I didnt think it would last long!!! Well, 10 Pulls, 6 dyno runs over 600HP, 5 drag strip passes, and about an aditional 30K miles, the clutch was still in the truck and holding strong!!!!

I finally ended up killing it when I tried to leave the line pulling at 5600RPM.......Dint work too well!!!

Not bad for a clutch rated at 450Hp!!!

Now Im a nobody and I drive up to South Bend (Auctually Mishawaka) and visit the shop to pick up a new clutch. As soon as I go in, Peter greets me by my name (I have never met him before) takes me to the DD assembly line, askes what HP rating Im at, What I want to do with it, and what the rest of my set up is. He then has them build my clutch...Well why we wait, he asks if I want a tour...Heck ya!!! Shows me EVERYTHING about the shop, then at the end, gives me all the stickers, hats and T-Shirts I want!!! And then Cuts me an AWESOME deal on the clutch!!!!!

Na, these guys are horrible!!!!

Peter is like a kid showing off his new toys he got for his birthday on show and tell day! The guy has huge a passion for what he does! I had the same treatment when I visited last month. When I walked out I'm like "Crap, I'm like 2 horus behind schedule now, how'd that happen?!?!" I had a blast! The attention to detail they put into every clutch is rather amazing.

I'm about to give Peter's brother a call tomorrow and have a serious chat about the TDI's clutch. It just started slipping on me today.

South Bend's clutches do not compare to anyone's... NOT EVEN CLOSE!.. On top of that, their customer service is second to none..

sbcdisc.jpg

sbcflywheel.jpg

the only thing better for sled pulling than a south bend is a crower glide.. period.

I ordered a clutch from SB at 115 eastern time on Thursday and it arrived on Friday. I couldnt believe a 100lb package would make it to my house in less than a business day. I was pretty impressed with that.

The whole kit went in without a hitch and works great. Peter was super nice to me and didnt try to sell me more than i needed. I actually asked for more than i needed.

Ok, Children, lets sit down and let daddy tell you a little story............

So the year is 2004, I buy a 99 P-Pumped 24v that runs pretty good. Dynoed 600HP, it has a SBC CON OFE installed by the Origional Owner, 30K miles on it, then I get the freat idea that I want to pull with it.....Needless to say I didnt think it would last long!!! Well, 10 Pulls, 6 dyno runs over 600HP, 5 drag strip passes, and about an aditional 30K miles, the clutch was still in the truck and holding strong!!!!

I finally ended up killing it when I tried to leave the line pulling at 5600RPM.......Dint work too well!!!

Not bad for a clutch rated at 450Hp!!!

Now Im a nobody and I drive up to South Bend (Auctually Mishawaka) and visit the shop to pick up a new clutch. As soon as I go in, Peter greets me by my name (I have never met him before) takes me to the DD assembly line, askes what HP rating Im at, What I want to do with it, and what the rest of my set up is. He then has them build my clutch...Well why we wait, he asks if I want a tour...Heck ya!!! Shows me EVERYTHING about the shop, then at the end, gives me all the stickers, hats and T-Shirts I want!!! And then Cuts me an AWESOME deal on the clutch!!!!!

Na, these guys are horrible!!!!

The best part is that same day after Jeff leaves I pull up and ask for a tour and I am given the star treatment and didn't even buy anything that day.

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Back