Allis 190xt

JakeBrakeIH

Squire
hey just wondering if there is any guys on here that have any 190s that they pull with...I saw in another thread in this forum of a 190 that looked pretty hopped up and I was curious on what was done to it...

I have a 65 190 that Id like to pull with...nothin crazy but Im probably goin to upgrade the injectors, pump lines and maybe turbo...someone had once told me that these engines cant take alot of boost because of the head designs...just wondering what other people maybe running for setups

I fully understand and am aware of the rear end and transmissions on these tractors...the tractor was my grandfathers but it has rear end and trans problems so I am going to upgrade those components for pulling...

also does anyone know about how to eliminate the power director...Id heard that you can get a coupler to lock it into high range...just looking to see in anyone on here had any insight...:thankyou2:

Don't remember any head problems with 190's, or any 301's for that matter.

The power director and axles will be the weak point on a 65. There used to be a coupler available for the power director, but I'm not sure how available they are anymore. We haven't done that for a long time!

Chris

well a guy by me has a 200 and he has a slightly larger turbo but has plenty of fuel and I asked him why he doesnt get a larger turbo and he told me it has a "Siamese" head design??...he said he runs around 30-35psi but said more than that will be too much...so I was just curious...I have a very large turbo sitting in the garage that I need to measure the specs on but I think its too big for my tractor...it might take forever to spool up...any recommendations as how big of injectors and what not to get...or where to get them??

thanks

I happened to be searching this forum for some Ford 6.0L technical info and happened to stumble into this. We've pulled a AC 190XT for years. Currently we pull with Badger State Tractor Pullers in the Light Limited Super Stock class. We build custom fuel systems and turbo's for tractor pullers. Respond or give me a call with anything that you need.

Regards,
Dennis Frey

Back